Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Stormfans Home | Gameday | Chat | Gallery | Links | About Us
Click here for Forum Registration information
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Game Topics Guidelines (Read 3869 times)
Scott
Admin

Seattle, WA
Game Topics Guidelines
Apr 18th, 2004 at 12:20pm

This forum section is dedicated to discussions directly related to games being played at the WNBA, college, international or high school level.

When starting a new thread for a specific game, to avoid confusion and multiple threads for the same game, please use the following title convention when naming the thread:

Date: Team vs Team

Example - 7.23.03 Storm vs Mercury

To avoid multiple threads, please do not unnecessarily start a thread too far in advance of the actual game - a day or two is more than sufficient. Also, please check the recent thread list to see if a topic has already been started in case one was started early.

For Storm games, if you wish to post a full game report that may be selected and added to the permanent Gameday report for that game, please use these guidelines:

1/ Only eyewitness accounts will be accepted - you had to be in the seats and watched the game live (no tv or radio)

2/ You need to comment on the whole or most of the game - comments about one incident or play will not be accepted.

3/ Remember that it is your overall impression that is important and is what I try to relate in my usual Gameday reports. I'm not a sports reporter and don't try to write like one.

4/ Keep conversations or reponses to other forum posts out of the "report" part of your post so that once your report is pulled out of the game thread it still makes sense and isn't referring to something that will eventually be deleted.

5/ It would be helpful to label your report in some way so that I know you mean for it to be a report. Your title won't be used in the Gameday, but it will make my job easier in identifying those posts which might be added to the Gameday.

For examples of what to do, please go to the Gameday section and read some of the 2003 reports.

Thanks,
Scott

I, sir, am not a dog. But if I were, I would bite you thusly!
WWW http://www.facebook.com/scott.engelhardt  
IP Logged

Scott
Admin

Seattle, WA
Re: Game Topics Guidelines
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2004 at 10:47am

Disclaimer
The views, statements, information and images contained in this web site are not endorsed, supported or supplied by the WNBA, the Seattle Storm, Seattle Sonics & Storm, the Basketball Club of Seattle, or any employee of those organizations.

IP Logged

Scott
Admin

Seattle, WA
Re: Game Topics Guidelines
Reply #2 - May 20th, 2010 at 9:07pm

Anyone complaining about when game topics are started, about who it is that starts them, about starting them out of "order" or any other mickey mouse BS will get an automatic 1 week suspension from the forum.

Likewise, anyone jumping way ahead and starting game topics unreasonably prematurely just so they get to be the one to start it gets an automatic 1 week suspension.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print