Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Off Topics Guidelines (Read 3096 times)
Scott
Admin

Seattle, WA
Off Topics Guidelines
Apr 18th, 2004 at 12:48pm

Off Topics is open to pretty much everything which guarantees that some topics will not be interesting to some people. In order to help each other identify which topics of interest, please use the following topic titling convention:

Subject - Topic title

Some examples:

Politics - Gore endorses Dean

Satire - Bush is a Chimp

Humor - Worst Album Covers Ever

Religion - My thoughts on "The Passion"

Thanks,
Scott

I, sir, am not a dog. But if I were, I would bite you thusly!
WWW http://www.facebook.com/scott.engelhardt  
IP Logged

Scott
Admin

Seattle, WA
Re: Off Topics Guidelines
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2004 at 10:41am

If you do not want to read discussions that do not relate to basketball, do not read this section.

If the concept that a forum about basketball needs to have a dedicated Off Topics section in order to keep the "on" topics focused on basketball makes no sense to you or seems out of place to you, do not read this section.

If the fact that a community of people who have come together because of a common interest sometimes want to talk about things that have nothing to do with that common interest bothers you, do not read this section.

If you think I as the Administrator should remove this section - which I'm not going to do - do not read this section.

If you are a rational person who can exercise the ability to choose what you read and you don't like what you see in Off Topics for whatever reason, please exercise that ability and do not read this section.

Lastly, as is clearly stated on the About Us page:

Disclaimer
The views, statements, information and images contained in this web site are not endorsed, supported or supplied by the WNBA, the Seattle Storm, Seattle Sonics & Storm, the Basketball Club of Seattle, or any employee of those organizations.

This means that, like the rest of this site, the Off Topics section and its contents in no way, shape or form have anything to do with the Storm, the Storm staff, the players, the owners, the ball kids, KeyArena, the City of Seattle, Doppler, the WNBA, Val Ackerman, the refs (especially the ones that suck), or anyone else who actually is connected to the Storm organization.

I, sir, am not a dog. But if I were, I would bite you thusly!
WWW http://www.facebook.com/scott.engelhardt  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print