Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Stormfans Home | Gameday | Chat | Gallery | Links | About Us
Click here for Forum Registration information
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
Send Topic Print
Forum Member introductions (Read 34347 times)
NYCStorm
Rookie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Forum Member introductions
Reply #105 - Aug 21st, 2009 at 2:04pm

Greetings, Stormer's.  The last post on these particular pages was two years ago, but I'll play.

I'm Larry. New York City.  Been a WNBA fan since the leagues inception. I'm a Liberty fan by birth rite and by loyalty to my home, NY.

But I am a Storm fan through and through. LJ is my favorite player on the team - LJ is my favorite player in the whole league! Sue second, and everyone else runs a close third.

Just wanted to say hello, and that I'm happy to be aboard! Grin

IP Logged

Awase
Veteran

WA
Reply #106 - Aug 21st, 2009 at 8:32pm

Welcome to our world.  Feel free to jump into any of our crazy discussions.  You will find we are mostly a friendly bunch.

"Undefeated in the f***ing playoffs!" Sue Effing Bird to Swin Cash 9/16/2010

IP Logged

gentree13
Starter

Dont Arouse the Wrath
of the Great & Powerful
Loz!

Beacon Hill
Reply #107 - Apr 26th, 2010 at 1:05pm

Hi everybody!
Well, I have been reading this forum for about a year, as last year was my first year as Storm Season Ticket Holder. I finally got registered for the forum in the fall. I don't know why, but I am waiting until now to make my first post. I guess with the season starting soon, now is as good a time as any. Is anyone else excited for this season to get started? I know I am! I love all sports. My favorite player is Sue Bird with Camille Little coming in as a close second (if only she made more free throws [Camille O'Neal/Shaquille Little]). I sit courtside behind the scorers' table usually with one of my three younger siblings for now. I like meeting new people so all you people who are interested in the Storm like I am, must not be half-bad. That last sentence made little sense. Whatever. I am not really sure how else to introduce myself and stay within the rules (no location, gender, etc.) so I think I am done. For now...
Unlike some of the other new members on this thread, this will not be the last you read from the Terrible Tree 1-3.
                                              Have a good day y'all!!!!!!!

Seattleites buy more sunglasses per capita than any other city in the nation. Seattle was the first city in the US to play a Beatles song on the radio. A group of ravens/crows is called a murder. Here's to bilita mpash (blissful dreams).

IP Logged

Awase
Veteran

WA
Reply #108 - Apr 26th, 2010 at 7:00pm

Welcome to the group.  Feel free to jump into the conversations.

"Undefeated in the f***ing playoffs!" Sue Effing Bird to Swin Cash 9/16/2010

IP Logged

Orsai
Starter

Reply #109 - May 8th, 2010 at 3:36pm

Hi everyone!  Smiley

I was so eager to start posting that I joined a conversation before I introduced myself. Sorry.

I've been reading this forum for 4 years, maybe more, and I've been following the league since 2002 I think.

Everyone here knows a lot about basketball, not just the WNBA, so I'm very excited to be able to participate.

Thanks Scott for allowing me to join!

la .... que vale la pena estar vivo!

IP Logged

Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Reply #110 - May 13th, 2010 at 4:02pm

Hello Orsai!

IP Logged

ShellS
Rookie

Nothing but Net Baby!!

Washington
Reply #111 - May 13th, 2010 at 4:41pm

Hi All!!  I've posted a few times in the past and have been reading the boards since 2004.   Just a little shy I guess and my how much basketball knowledge everyone on this board has....I am in AWE!!   I love basketball and have since I was 5 years old, playing in grade school, jv during the summers, and junior and senior high school.  After blowing out my knee in intramurals in college I was frustrated but still followed the game.  It's kind of in my blood growing up in the state of KY.  So yeah I love the KY Wildcats but UW Huskies also have a special place in my heart.  Been an avid Storm fan since 2003 thanks to my lovely co-worker who introduced me to the WNBA and I've been hooked ever since.....gotta be since it's in my blood now don't I? Smiley

Looking forward to another fun and fabulous season in 2010.  Can't will till opeing night....just 3 days away!!!

I'll still be the shy one but might jump in with a comment or two now that I've broken the ice so to speak.

GO STORM!!

&&
ShellS  
IP Logged

TestMonkey
Rookie

Go Storm!

Reply #112 - May 24th, 2010 at 7:11pm

This is a test message from the TestMonkey.

IP Logged

jessy.oddy
Starter

Brazil!
Reply #113 - Jun 21st, 2010 at 9:22am

Hey, everybody
I'm from Brazil, I am 18 and am studying for tests at the end of the year to try to get into college.
I found the WNBA in 2003 and since then I am a Stormfan. My favorite player is Lauren, not only for beauty and efficiency in court, but by commitment to her with the Opals and not being boastful.
Have read the forum a long time, but did not have the initiative to register before.
If want to know something, ask me.
XoXo

IP Logged

apocolocyntosis
Rookie

Reply #114 - Jun 26th, 2010 at 11:37pm

Hey fellow storm fans,
My first Storm game was four years ago and I was an instant diehard fan and have been ever since. I've read this board (and rebkell's) for awhile...it's time to start posting here, I figure! I couldn't follow the offseason this year which was unbelievably torturous but I'm back and fully crazed now - hurray! My favorite player is Sue Bird because I'm biased toward guards, especially calm, clutch pgs, but it's a really close call between her and LJ. and swin...and camille...and everybody else for that matter, they're all amazing!  Cool

IP Logged

Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Reply #115 - Jun 30th, 2010 at 7:51pm

welcome apocolocyntosis! Post away Smiley !

IP Logged

coral
Deep Bench

Go Storm!

Reply #116 - Jul 13th, 2010 at 4:48pm

Hi everyone

I became a basketball fan after the 2008 olympics after following soccer all my life. I still dont exactly know all the rules and the plays and stuff but I enjoy watching purely for the excitement and I am steadily beginning to understand the game a bit better.

I chose to become a storm fan after watching live access and realising the fans were the best and the announcers really seemed to care about the team. This made the storm games in my opinion the most exciting to watch. It also didn't hurt that there are a few aussies on the team Smiley

I have been reading these boards for a while now and have just plucked up the courage to register.

Thanks for letting me join the forum, Go Storm!

IP Logged

snlMINAJ
Rookie

Let's Get it Swin!

Connecticut
Reply #117 - Jul 15th, 2010 at 7:49am

hi all, huge swin cash fan since 98 at UConn. love her and the team shes on, so a storm fan since she was signed by seattle.

loving what she and the whole team is doing this year!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

mja15
Starter

Vancouver
Reply #118 - Jul 15th, 2010 at 10:09pm

Oops totally forgot to introduce myself hehe  Grin

I'm Michelle, from Vancouver. I have been a Storm fan for a while now but I really started to follow them last 2008. I love everything basketball. from collegiate to the professional leagues. My favorite duo (LOL cause I can't decide) are obviously Sue and LJ. But at this very moment I would pick Sue just because we have the same favorite NBA player, Mike Bibby <3  Tongue

I love watching the storm play, especially this year. I love how they pass around the ball and finish. Can't wait to see more from this amazing team! Cheesy

Sue 'Die B*tches' Bird FTW!
mja15 mja15 michi_mja  
IP Logged

norwester
YaBB Moderator

It's apt. APT!

Seattle
Reply #119 - Jul 17th, 2010 at 3:31am

Welcome, everyone! Always nice to get some new blood around here. Feel free to chime in as the urge strikes.

"I guess Lisa is a little mental."
http://norwestersdownpour.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
Send Topic Print