Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Stormfans Home | Gameday | Chat | Gallery | Links | About Us
Click here for Forum Registration information
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print
Forum Member introductions (Read 31278 times)
Torri
Deep Bench

Sue Bird is better than
chocolate.

Connecticut
Re: Forum Member introductions
Reply #120 - Jul 17th, 2010 at 9:25am

Hey all,

I'm Torri, I'm relatively new to the whole basketball thing, but having just spent the last two years at UCONN, there's something in the water up there clearly and well, here I am!  Smiley

I joke that I support the team with the most Huskies on, which should mean that the Storm and Sun should be tied for my affections, but Sue Bird is my trump card! Have only had the chance to watch her play live twice, but the first time was her 20-10 performance in New York and the second was as part of Team USA at Stars at the Sun, so I can't complain too much  Wink

I live in Connecticut, though will be starting Penn State in the fall (most likely; still holding onto the long-shot that Notre Dame will move me off their wait-list!), but am originally from England, so I also appreciate the international aspect of the Storm!

This is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators

IP Logged

Reilly45
Rookie

Reply #121 - Jul 17th, 2010 at 2:25pm

Hey yall,

I'm Reilly, I'm a Storm fan from Texas. The Storm have been one of my favorite teams ever since the Storm vs Mercury game was the first WNBA game I ever saw back in 2007. On a purely non basketball related note, I'm looking at the Seattle/Tacoma area for grad school so any info or helpful tips about the area you locals can send me would be great. Smiley

sbcatcher45  
IP Logged

sportfan
Deep Bench

Go Storm! Go Sue!

Nis, Serbia
Reply #122 - Jul 17th, 2010 at 2:58pm

Hello everyone,

I'm Aleksandra, from Serbia and I'm a Seattle Storm fan for 2 years now. I love this team, their chemistry on the court and fighting spirit.
I recently started to follow this site and I really liked it, so GO STORM!!!  Smiley

"I like pressure. I thrive on it." -  Sue Bird
WWW http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1230604356  
IP Logged

Awase
Veteran

WA
Reply #123 - Jul 18th, 2010 at 8:17pm

Welcome to all the new members.  Hope you enjoy our little family.

"Undefeated in the f***ing playoffs!" Sue Effing Bird to Swin Cash 9/16/2010

IP Logged

czechchick7
Hall of Famer

Dalmatian without the
spots

WA
Reply #124 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 12:04pm

I've noticed a surge in the new members posting on here lately.  They all seem to be Storm fans before this season.  But if they're any precursor to what might be ahead, then I guess the bandwagon jumpers might be starting soon.

That's ok if we end up getting jumpers.  Chances are once they get a taste of Storm fever, they'll stay on the wagon. Smiley

"A dream that's too big is just the right size."-Jennifer Azzi     “Have the courage to follow your dreams. That’s your gift to the world.”-Cathy Rush in "The Mighty Macs"

IP Logged

oldfan_newteam
Deep Bench

Go Storm!

Reply #125 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 2:33pm

Dang! I really meant to introduce myself last week when I joined the board. Here I am posting in conversations and stuff and not even introducing myself. My grandmother would be so disappointed haha. Anyways, Hello to all! I have been a basketball fan for years and years and have been a STH for the Storm for 3 years now, thanks to my partner.  I love the girls and I love that this board was started for all the fans! Thanks Scott!

IP Logged

lej15
Starter

Australia
Reply #126 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 4:43pm

I have also been guilty of posting without introducing myself - a bit nervous to do so. I am a Storm fan because of Lauren.  I have followed her in Australia forever and any other team she plays in.  Glad it is Storm in the WNBA.  I have been reading Stormfans for several years.  When I first discovered it I actually read every post in the archives of the ones available.  Took a while but enjoyed everyone of them.  Thanks Scott - this site is especially great for those of us not in Seattle - makes us feel a part of things.  Smiley

"That meant a lot," Cash said. "When your best player is talking like that, getting you motivated, showing her humility, you have to fall in line."

IP Logged

TakenByStorm
Starter

2004, 2010... and counting

Reply #127 - Jul 22nd, 2010 at 7:35am

Let me just use the line "better late than never".  Cheesy

Been a month since I've been a member in this forum but never entered in my mind to post something here until now. Smiley Thanks Scott for accepting!

Hi fellow Storm fans! I'm Chesna from the Philippines. I've been following the Storm for almost 3 years now. If it isn't obvious from my profile picture, my favorite Storm and WNBA player ever is Sue Bird. The Storm is my only favorite team mainly because of Sue and LJ's beautiful chemistry but also because of the team's unpredictiveness to execute some of the greatest plays and it has the best fans in the league (rendered with no bias, if that is possible). I mean what other team has a forum this sophisticated started by and for fans? Brilliant idea.  Cool

Cheers for the Storm's long run success!

chesnut_002000  
IP Logged

JB35
Rookie

Stormin' the WNBA

Melbourne
Reply #128 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 5:34pm

Long time follower, first time contributor.

Australian and Women's basketball fan have read forum often and though about time I got involved. 

This is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators.  ~Dick Vertleib

If you meet the Buddha in the lane, feed him the ball.  ~Phil Jackson

IP Logged

mmgiggles
Rookie

Bremerton
Reply #129 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 12:06pm

Hey! It's my first post!!  Cool

Been a fan of Storm basketball for about 3 years now, and in my second year as a STH. (which of COURSE I'm renewing!) Got suggested this board over at Reb's by someone, bless them. Only tooke me about a month to figure out how to join.  Grin And here I am.

BTW, thanks Scott for running this!

IP Logged

stormmerc
Rookie

Go Storm!

New Orleans
Reply #130 - Sep 8th, 2010 at 3:24pm

Hi!

I've been a long time Storm fan as I grew up in the Seattle area. But I moved away and my interest waned until a couple of years ago when I started seriously following the league again.

I just found about this forum and got registered. Nice to find a place to meet other Storm fans since I don't get to visit Seattle as much I want to.

Sue Effing Bird!!

IP Logged

MTStormFan
Rookie

Seattle
Newbie...
Reply #131 - Sep 8th, 2010 at 7:00pm

Seattle transplant from MT...moved here in 2004, just in time to hear about (though not see) the Storm winning the WNBA Championship.  I've been a fan ever since!  Finally took the STH jump this year...I bring the Australia flag.   Cool I met some of you at the Phoenix game, so thought I should jump in!!!  I'll be going to Atlanta next week...

“When you pay money to see her play, you say, 'That was value for money.’ You see her sweat a lot and swear a lot.”
—WNBL coach Carrie Graf

IP Logged

Habs
Rookie

Canada
Reply #132 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 12:38pm

Hello!

Shamefully, I've been a member of this forum for a while but never posted.  Embarrassed So I thought it was time to say a quick 'hello' and a big thank you to everyone who writes game summaries in the game threads. I enjoy reading them since I haven't been able to attend games, yet. They give great insight to a fan's point of view of the game and I love reading about the little Storm moments that aren't picked up on TV.

Anyways, I've been a Storm fan since LJ was drafted. And from my screen name, you can probably tell that I'm a Habs fan as well (yes, I'm Canadian and having a hockey team is mandatory).

I'm so excited for Sunday! Go Storm!!

IP Logged

tenoften
Rookie

Go Storm!

Reply #133 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 2:31pm

Hi all!

New member, but I've been lurking for a while now. This forum is amazing - big thanks to everyone who contributes! It makes it so much easier to be a Seattle fan stuck on the east coast.

Go Storm!  Smiley

IP Logged

norwester
YaBB Moderator

It's apt. APT!

Seattle
Reply #134 - Sep 12th, 2010 at 10:11am

I love this: lurkers coming out to join the forum, new fans. Thanks for joining in, everyone. Hope you stick around and enjoy your time here.  Cool

"I guess Lisa is a little mental."
http://norwestersdownpour.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print