Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Stormfans Home | Gameday | Chat | Gallery | Links | About Us
Click here for Forum Registration information
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print
Forum Member introductions (Read 31277 times)
Lovable_GB
Rookie

Go Storm!

Edmonds, WA
Re: Forum Member introductions
Reply #135 - Sep 20th, 2010 at 6:59pm

Hello All,

I'm a relatively new Storm fan. My parents went to a Storm game together at the beginning of this season, just looking for something to do together one evening. My mother liked it much more than expected, and they started going to games regularly.

Early one evening in mid-June, they asked me if I'd like to accompany them to a Storm game, and I said yes. I enjoyed the game very much (Vs Silver Stars, IIRC) and I learned that night that the Storm were off to an excellent start in 2010.

From that point forward the three of us always went to games together and, to sum things up, by mid-July we had ordered season tickets for all three of us for 2011! I really hope we're able to get court-side seats!

I've been lurking on this forum for, roughly, the last six weeks and thought it best to introduce myself before I posted. Thanks for reading!

Regards,
Loveable_GB

2270397 greenaissance2 Ghoule  
IP Logged

norwester
YaBB Moderator

It's apt. APT!

Seattle
Reply #136 - Sep 24th, 2010 at 4:18pm

Welcome, lovable_gb. I love these conversion stories, where just one or two games succeeded in drawing an entire family in. While I enjoy the depth of discussion that can be had among the veterans on this site, it's always a treat to get new perspectives and points of view, so please don't hesitate to post if you've got something to say.  Smiley

"I guess Lisa is a little mental."
http://norwestersdownpour.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

StormFever
Rookie

Go Storm!

Reply #137 - Sep 28th, 2010 at 12:18pm

Hello Storm Fans,

My wife and I were fortunate to attend Game 3 of the 2004 WNBA Finals, and witness the Storm win their first WNBA Championship.

We have been STH since then.

I'm a long time follower of this terrific forum.

Congratulations to the Seattle Storm on your incredible season, and for winning the 2010 WNBA Championship.

Go Storm!!!

IP Logged

Awase
Veteran

WA
Reply #138 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 7:48am

Welcome aboard, StormFever

"Undefeated in the f***ing playoffs!" Sue Effing Bird to Swin Cash 9/16/2010

IP Logged

StormFever
Rookie

Go Storm!

Reply #139 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 11:58am

Thank you - Awase.

Happy to be onboard.

IP Logged

aussie36
Starter

Go Storm!

Australia
Reply #140 - Nov 27th, 2010 at 6:06pm

Hi all,

I'm Jess and I'm from Australia. I've been a long term LJ fan and cos of her I became a Storm fan. I love the team and love the organisation behind the team. I've been a Storm fan for years, but the last two seasons are the first I have gotten really into supporting them. I'm one of the crazies who wakes up regardless what time the game is on here, 1am, 5am, I don't care! I am hopefully headed over to Seattle in 2011 to see some games at Key Arena. I have lurked on these boards for awhile, but figured it was time to join! I look forward to chatting with other Storm fans as we go back to back next season!

IP Logged

amdg
Veteran

Reply #141 - Nov 27th, 2010 at 7:21pm

Hi aussie36! Welcome to the WNBA's best fansite and forum! Smiley

Ours is a stormy kind of love. - U2
IP Logged

aussie36
Starter

Go Storm!

Australia
Reply #142 - Nov 28th, 2010 at 6:19pm

Thanks Mate!

IP Logged

ld029
Rookie

GO STORM!!!!!

Edinburgh
Reply #143 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 12:49pm

Hey eveyone I've been a member for a while but haven't had the courage to post till now.Huge storm fan in Scotland for a few years now been to a few games  would like to go to more but its difficult for obvious reasons  lol.

Storm

IP Logged

Awase
Veteran

WA
Reply #144 - Jan 10th, 2011 at 11:31am

Welcome to the family ID029

IP Logged

Lorely
Deep Bench

France
Reply #145 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 2:38pm

Hi everyone, I've been using this site for years without noticing the forum, shame on me.

I've been a Storm fan since 2002 but got more and more into it with the progress of modern technologies. Since I live in France, internet is my only way to follow the team.
LiveAccess and live streaming have been responsible for a lot of sleepless nights since 2008  Grin

So here I am, not mute anymore.

Go Storm!

"In Sue Bird we trust" Swin Cash || Awase is awesome!

IP Logged

Lawless23
Rookie

Let's Go Storm!

Seattle
Reply #146 - Sep 2nd, 2011 at 9:56pm

Hi all.... my name is Kris, and I'm a certifiable nut.... errrrrrr, Storm Crazy!  Yes, I can freely admit this.  It's only taken a little therapy, and time, to acknowledge what my wife calls me.

Heather and I moved up from Southern California in 2010 (No, we were NOT ever LA Sparks fans) and started coming to the home games.  We spent all last season bouncing allllllllllllllll over the Key, trying out different seats, and won one of the 50/50 raffles, and secured our place for purchasing season tickets.  We decided to go with court side, across from the benches, and it's been an absolute blast.  We've met some AMAZING Storm fans, and love attending home games (or anything else Storm related that we can manage). 

My wife, Heather, is a HUGE Sue Bird fan.  As for me, I just love 'em all.  But, I REALLY enjoy talking with Katie, Ewelina and Allie.  Those three ladies have really gone out of their way to be exceptional to us. 

Unfortunately, this might be our last season up here, as my wife's company might be relocating us back to San Diego.  But, we will continue to come back up here, every summer, for a week or two of games.  Plus, travel to one of the other 11 teams homes, when the Storm goes there to play. 

So, I thought that I'd try out this board, and see what it's all about.

http://www.facebook.com/lawless23  
IP Logged

Michelle89
Starter

Aussie aussie aussie oi
oi oi

Holland
Reply #147 - Sep 3rd, 2011 at 2:48pm

Welcome Lawless23 Smiley

IP Logged

Awase
Veteran

WA
Reply #148 - Sep 9th, 2011 at 4:13pm

Lawless23, it's about as crazy here as it is in the Key Grin

IP Logged

Eric
Rookie

Reply #149 - May 29th, 2012 at 7:47am

Hi everyone,

Relatively new Storm fan here.  I began following women's basketball last summer after growing tired of the antics in the NBA; these ladies are just so easy to root for!  I can also appreciate how dedicated you guys are as a fanbase, and after watching most of the games last season, I can't help but feel the same way.  I can't remember the last time I was so excited for a pro sports season to start!

I'm usually not big on message boards, but this one seems pretty nice....and the comments section on the Storm website is a bit of a ghost town  Grin

I look forward to talking Storm basketball with all of you fine folks!

"In the fullness of time, a garden to nurture and protect...it's a measure of a life."

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print