Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Stormfans Home | Gameday | Chat | Gallery | Links | About Us
Click here for Forum Registration information
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Forum Member introductions (Read 32371 times)
sueismyidol10
Rookie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Forum Member introductions
Reply #75 - Nov 12th, 2004 at 8:14pm

thanks your forgot bon jovi lol  Wink

WWW sk8tergurl207  
IP Logged

Shobe
Veteran

I Love My Ducks!

Reply #76 - Nov 13th, 2004 at 8:31pm

Actually, I deliberatley didn't mention Bon Jovi. Tongue

Oregon Ducks Football, Back-To-Back Pac-10 Champs '09, '10

IP Logged

sueismyidol10
Rookie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #77 - Nov 14th, 2004 at 4:14pm

i know i was joking

WWW sk8tergurl207  
IP Logged

Shobe
Veteran

I Love My Ducks!

Reply #78 - Nov 15th, 2004 at 9:36pm

No problemo

Oregon Ducks Football, Back-To-Back Pac-10 Champs '09, '10

IP Logged

sueismyidol10
Rookie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #79 - Nov 17th, 2004 at 6:33pm

ok cool nice talking to ya

WWW sk8tergurl207  
IP Logged

DTG
Starter

WA
Reply #80 - Dec 19th, 2004 at 10:42pm

Hey people!! My name is Andrea, but almost everyone I know calls me Andi for short.I am 19...will be 20 in August.My name comes from the fact i am a college studen and i am obviously a girl and my fave number at the time was 13.  I am originally from a tiny town in SW Washington called White Salmon(In the Columbia Gorge, an hour east of Portland. I love it is so beautiful.)However I moved to La Grande, Oregon to go to college at Eastern Oregon University (I know the town didn't get any better.) I have always love Seattle and I intend to live there someday.

My family has always liked sports.. so I grew up with them. I used to follow the Portland Trailblazers (sad i know  Shocked ) I have followed the Mariners for as long as I can remember. This year since the M's were doing so bad i decided to turn to my other favorite summer league the WNBA.

I beacame a fan of women's basketball when the portland power and seattle reign existed  Wink. Even went to a few games.  When I heard that Portland and Seattle were getting teams I decided to jump on the bandwagon. I didn't start to follow the Storm faithfully (or hardcore whatever way u wanna look at it) until after the Fire folded. My fave  players are LJ, Sue, and Tully. I have never been to a Storm game have wanted to for quite a while but i haven't been able to convince my dad to go since we are already in seattle for m's games (we go up to seattle about 4 times a year...) Now however i on the verge of getting my family to buy tickets for me for a b- day present i think i have them convinced.

I know what can i say i am long winded and i love the storm!!!

Formally known as collegegirl13.

Our greatest fear is not that we are inadaquate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
http://www.facebook.com/#!/andrea.gilderhus quacker_in_thestorm lilcollegegirl13  
IP Logged

True Blue
Starter

Reply #81 - Dec 21st, 2004 at 4:58pm

Welcome CollegeGirl. You’ve chosen a fairly quiet time to join, but stick with it, the Storm fans will all be back in the new year.

Congratulations on making the almost unbelievable journey from being a supporter of the Jailblazers to being a supporter of the USA’s most likeable team.

Never ever been a blue calm sea&&I have always been a storm

IP Logged

DTG
Starter

WA
Reply #82 - Dec 23rd, 2004 at 9:59pm

i've basically become a honorable citizen of seattle (well that's what my cousin tells me) i went from liking all the team in portland ( a mere 3 teams) to hating them and adopting seattle as my sports city. It nice to know that all seattle sports fans aren't a**holes. again guys thanx for being so nice! GO SEATTLE!!!

Our greatest fear is not that we are inadaquate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
http://www.facebook.com/#!/andrea.gilderhus quacker_in_thestorm lilcollegegirl13  
IP Logged

DTG
Starter

WA
Reply #83 - Dec 23rd, 2004 at 10:07pm

True Blue thanx for welcoming me you guys all are awesome!!!

IP Logged

globemaster3
Rookie

#1 af fan!!  :>
Reply #84 - Jun 5th, 2005 at 1:17am

i don't know if anyone still reads these, but if anyone's wondering what a "globemaster3" is -  it's a plane you might see flying around tacoma or moses lake (central wa), etc.  
it's big and gray and has winglets...  i love flying it because it has a decent bathroom on board, and a fridge and oven to keep food fresh on those long trips.  hehehe   Wink

i'm about 10 years out of hs, but when i was young i played bball from 4th through 11th grade.  i didn't play my sr yr of hs because a) i didn't like the coach and b) i was playing juniors volleyball (club vb outside of hs), so i didn't have time for hs bball.
i didn't play in kollege (USAFA) because a) i played vb and b) i was really turned off of bball d/2 my hs coach and c) it didn't ever occur to me to try out.
i was raised an athlete - bball, vb, softball, soccer (when i was little) and racquetball.  thusly, i am a big sports fan.  pro fb was my fav sport to watch until i saw a wnba game.  the icing on the cake is that my husband is a huge sports fan too - he loves the storm games and often goes with his family (he's from here) members when i'm not home.
being in the af we arrived in the area in jan 04.  one day while reading the paper i saw a spread on the storm, this was before the 04 season started.  i didn't even know there was a wnba!  (forgive me, i had lived in germany for 3 years).  anyway, i asked the hubby if he wanted to check out a game - the season opener.  we did, and we were hooked!  we bought a 10 game package (b/c i am only home 50% of the time).  we found that 10 games wasn't enough, and we had to buy a lot more tickets.

so this year we got season tix.  now we're realizing we want to be closer [we're in sec 128] so i hope there's a pair of courtside seats avail for us next year!

b$ is my fav player - ever since i saw her hustle in her first game last year.  she is so exciting to watch!! Shocked Shocked  

so, am i the only one that thinks, "i'd love to play a pick up game with those guys some day.  i could play with them!"  hehehehe  :>

#1 af fan!!
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2005 at 1:18am by globemaster3 »  

IP Logged

courtside_coach
Rookie

I love it when a play
works.

WA
Reply #85 - Jun 6th, 2005 at 10:02pm

For some weird reason I bought a courtside ticket to the Sparks/Storm matchup at the end of last season. I sat in my seat and watched as these 2 teams clash. It became clear to me that I had stumbled onto... what I hadn't seen since the run of Warriors in 75, the Blazers in 76, the Sonics and Bullets at the end of the 70's. And for that matter the Boston Celtics of old.  Shocked It's..real basketball.

Plays are actually ran. And the players are actually running them. They ran them so well I stayed for 6 more games and a WNBA Championship.

I had season tickets in Portland for 7 years and Seattle for 2 and the NBA just kept getting worse. The players have all the control now and the fans are getting taken to the cleaners. I haven't been to an NBA game in 2 years.

I started coaching kids to fill the void. 6th grade to 9th grade boys, 2 teams. And this year I am adding a 8 grade to 12 grade girls team. Youth Rec only NO AAU!

Back to the Storm.

I am glad to have found basketball again with the Storm and other teams. I am sad that others don't understand there is a good game 17+ nights a year going on at the Key. I have my seats courtside and I'm staying until they turn out the lights.

If you haven't been you should go! Get there early and meet the players. They have the passion of the game.

Go WNBA!

Go Storm!

Courtside Coach

It has been quoted the fan is the 6th man. I never believed that. The last player in the floor is the 6th, the fan is the 7th the Coach is #1.

IP Logged

Gecko
Starter

Reply #86 - Jun 8th, 2005 at 11:38am

Welcome Courtside Coach.  We look forward to some insight from ya!

I don't want to stop my tantrum, I DON'T WANT TO GO TO OKLAHOMA

IP Logged

mrsfoo
Rookie

Reply #87 - Jun 27th, 2005 at 12:03pm

Hello Storm Fans,

MrsFoo here,

I love this site, I found it sometime last year by seeing someones tee shirt and read it daily just never got around to signing up. I started going to Storm games during LJ's rookie season and have been a season ticket holder for three years and do not ever plan to stop. We have an absolute blast going to the games and went to our first viewing party last Friday which beyond the fact  that we lost was a total blast.

Go Strom  Smiley

IP Logged

Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Reply #88 - Jun 27th, 2005 at 7:05pm

hello MrsFoo and welcome to the forum!

IP Logged

ber138
Rookie

Huh...

Reply #89 - Jul 1st, 2005 at 10:12am

Hello all....

I thought i should introduce myself....I love this site...Well i am a UCONN fan so that is how I became a Storm fan....But i have to say i am a graduate of Penn State University, so i like Tanisha as well and of course Kelly Mazzante! 

I guess i became a basketball fan from an ex-boyfriend...he would drag me to all the PSU games!  (A good thing from the relationship!)

I really have no clue what to say....I have never been to a WNBA game but that is going to change on Aug. 6 when I see Liberty vs. Storm at MSG....i cant wait... 

Ummm....I guess thats it.....I am online all the time (work)..so feel free to IM me!  GO STORM!   Grin

~B~

funchick138  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
Send Topic Print