Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Stormfans Home | Gameday | Chat | Gallery | Links | About Us
Click here for Forum Registration information
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Forum Member introductions (Read 33159 times)
fishhack66
Starter

King of all dial-up!

WA
Re: Forum Member introductions
Reply #90 - Jul 3rd, 2005 at 9:17pm

Hey.

I am, indeed, a real fishhack.  That said, I will give you the Reader's Digest (r) version of why I'm a Storm fan:

A) I was a Blazer/NBA fan from 1970 to 1995, after which I got tired of inflated salaries, inflated egos, felony convictions and the Triangle Offense.  B) Discovered the great game being played by the Portland Power (ABL), and continue to be a huge Nat Williams fan (hey, I coached VB for 13 years...what's not to love there???).  C) With Coach Dunn going to Seattle after the demise of the aforementioned league, I split my loyalties between the hometown Fire and the Storm; Tully going to SEA after the Fire's demise sealed things.  D) I lived in Connecticut during Birdy's sr. yr... back home in the PNW now.  E) I somehow got talked into coaching HS basketball last year, so I started taping "everything Storm" last year and sharing with my players. (we even stole the Sun's Whalen-to-Sales Game 2 Finals last inbound play for a three...works...for us!).  F) And almost finally, I just love the way these women play -- it's solid, highly skilled hoops.  G) Green's my favorite color.

Thanks for letting me hang with y'all.

Fishhack66
(currently stuck in E. Oregon)

PS: Sydney Swans rule!

[Edit 7/4 to add stuff.]
« Last Edit: Jul 4th, 2005 at 1:16pm by fishhack66 »  

"I know Spartak Moscow is a quality team, but in my view it was the best player in the world, Lauren Jackson, who solely determined the result tonight." - Jan Bobrovsky, Gambrinus Brno head coach.
k7ccc  
IP Logged

3CStormFan
Deep Bench

This is what a warrior
looks like.

Washington
Reply #91 - Jul 24th, 2005 at 5:15pm

Hi,
I've been a Storm fan since their incredible 2004 season. I only followed the WNBA casually before that, but who could resist the magic that is Sue and LJ. I'm from the east side of Washington, anyone else from the dry side? 8)

Seattle Storm = Always&&Oklahoma Storm = Never

IP Logged

StormFan_10
Rookie

Reply #92 - Aug 29th, 2005 at 3:13pm

Hi, i have been a fan since the storms awsome season last year. I am a huge Sue Bird fan and LJ is a close second. I live in Canada so i can only listen to the games on the internet, or watch them occasionaly on tv because it would take so long and be very expensive for me to get to seattle.

I am a huge fan of women's pro and college basketball, and hope that the WNBA will keep growing and bring some teams in from Canada so i can go and watch!

IP Logged

Aloha_Tradewinds
Deep Bench

Reply #93 - Sep 22nd, 2005 at 1:44pm

Hey Folks!  I figured since I've been posting a lot lately I should say a little something about myself and why I'm here.

I live and work (software industry) in Southern California and have been coming up for storm games since the 04 season.  I became a season ticket holder this past season... simply because Storm games are soooooo fun and the fans are like no other in the league.  Although I don't live in Seattle yet I've been a season ticket holder wherever I've lived:  LA, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, and NY.  Going to a Storm game is the best.

So, I've been a bball fan since I was a kid and the game was very different... no 3 point line and the ABA was still around.  I'm not old and defintely don't look my age. Let's see I was 5'4 in the fourth grade so I was all that back then.  But I stayed the same height and by high school everyone was taller than me and I became a guard, a terrible guard.  Hence, I live vicariously through Sue Bird and all the other guards out there.  I love, love, love women's college and pro basketball.  And I love the Storm and Pac10 basketball... and some Big East (Rutgers, UConn).  I wish I was in marketing so I could help the WNBA!!! That's a topic for a different time.

Obviously basketball is a passion.  Without it I'd die.   8)

aloha_tradewinds  
IP Logged

StorminBJT
Ex Member

Reply #94 - Sep 24th, 2005 at 7:58pm

Since i'm new here i thought i would say a little about myself. I've actually read these boards for awhile, but just became a member recently. I live in WA and have been a fan of the Storm for the last 3 or 4 seasons and they are by far my favorite team in the WNBA. I went to a few games this season and i am hoping to go to a lot more next season... i want to become a season ticket holder, but being a poor college kid might crush that dream!

I pretty much love all sports, with soccer and basketball being the main ones. I've been involved with basketball for the last 5 years and i managed the varsity boys basketaball team at my high school and i really love the sport. I just wish that i was actually good at the sport myself.  Smiley And of course everyone has their favorite players in the league and mine are Birdy, Diana Taurasi, and LJ.

I guess thats it- and i'm looking forward to next season!

IP Logged

UCONN310
Starter

Dee & Sue-Keeping Russians
Sane in Moscow

Reply #95 - Oct 5th, 2005 at 12:35am

Hey everyone! I'm new to this board and I just thought I would say a few things about myself.

I'm originally from Spokane, WA but lived in New York for a while and then moved back here to washington state. Lived in Bremerton, Silverdale, Yakima and then back to Seattle. I'm a lifelong Yankees fan but I couldn't really get into the Liberty when they started as I was living in New York. A friend invited me to a Storm game in 2001 against the Sparks and I was hooked.

"The secret is to have eight great players and four others who will cheer like crazy!" ~Jerry Tarkanian

IP Logged

wnbarules
Starter

Reply #96 - May 8th, 2006 at 6:43pm

Hi all,

i have been posting here for a little while now and thought i should introduce myself in a little detail.

i am from Australia, Bendigo in Victoria to be exact, i work as a computer systems analyst for a major bank (gives me alot of online time so it is not all bad)

i have been following the wnba since the 2000 sydney olympics gold medal match between the opals and the u.s. which i was lucky enough to be at, following the lj and ll rivalry was the initial interest but now i just love the game and the league.

i find listening to the storm games addictive and can not wait for the season to roll around.

i am so glad to have stumbled across a group of like minded people and hope to get to know some of you better over time. Thankyou so much for the opportunity to discuss my favourite team and game with you wonderful folks here.

regards
scott robertson
(wnbarules) Smiley

renewed hope and enthusiasm, what a difference a year makes

IP Logged

Five4Fighting
Deep Bench

Go Seattle Storm and Thunderbirds!

WA
Reply #97 - Jul 30th, 2006 at 8:53pm

HI everyone- Very nice looking forum you guys got here, I heard about actually when I went to the game against Detroit friday night and saw someone with a Stormfans.org shirt on and decided to check the website out since I am a Storm fan.

I'm a sports nut, I love the Storm, The Thunderbirds, Seahawks, Mariners, Rainiers I also love taking pictures and posting them on Webshots, I just started to post my storm pics there, right now its mostly hockey, waterfalls, mountains and some other travel stuff. I look forward on being a reg. poster here, if anyone want to get a hold of me I spend most of my time at pogo.com (when im not a sporting event or traveling lmao)

WWW sabercatsfan threeblindrefs3  
IP Logged

mirage21
Rookie

Eternally Lost

Reply #98 - Aug 10th, 2006 at 10:23pm

Hey everyone. New member here from the grand ole Lone Star State.  I am a fairly new SASS fan, sad I know, but since really this season, I have slowly and secretly become a Storm fan as well. I've been here before reading around and scoping things out. I went to the SASS v. Storm game tonight and had a pretty good time. Hopefully get to see more great action next year since I started late this year. Smiley

Just wanted to tell everyone "Hello" and "Please be gentle. Oh so gentle."

Thanks!

IP Logged

eclair
Veteran

Reply #99 - Sep 6th, 2006 at 9:58pm

Hi! My name is eclair. I like long walks on the beach, dinner by candlelight and playful puppies.

While I also wish everyone "hello," I like it rough. Oh so rough.  Grin
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2006 at 9:59pm by eclair »  

Put a Bird on it.

IP Logged

taztiger
Rookie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Forum Member introductionsAussieA as well,
Reply #100 - Dec 18th, 2006 at 10:48pm

Hey, looks like no one has used this section of the forum much lately so i thought i may as well.....

Yeh,im another Aussie, male , 30's.....I started  reading this forum a while back , mainly cos of my interest in LJ, the opals, anything  Australian etc etc, Im a sports nut, used to play a bit of bball when i was younger... I actually like womens basketball, i prefer it to stuff like the NBA, not so money driven and more passion i think, why i also prefer to watch college games  more than the NBA

......so anyway Ive read this forums heaps and i thought i would kinda adopt the Storm, u guys seem like a pretty loyal bunch n pretty friendly..

I have a question for some of the fellow Aussies on here

Do they show much wnba on ESPN over here, Ive only just got ESPN and im hoping it is so....

Anyway just saying gday, ill prob do more reading than posting but i might pop up here  n there

Ciao

IP Logged

sueandlaurenrock
Rookie

The Shock are three time
WNBA Champions

Reply #101 - May 10th, 2007 at 2:40am

Hi I am sue and Lauren Rock aka Jerrie Always knew that my true calling was to play in the WNBA until one day bam I was in a car accident that changed my life! I broke both of my legs and was told I would never walk again. I walk now with some minor discomfort. I am a die hard Detroit Shock and Seattle Storm fan who loves her teams. If you ever make it to the Palace I sit in VIP B Come over and say hi I really do not bite.  Grin

Seattle Storm 2004 WNBA Champions&&The WNBA Championship runs thought Detroit-Ruth Riley
WWW shockstormfeverfan  
IP Logged

SuriHabibi
Rookie

Reply #102 - Jun 25th, 2007 at 5:35pm

Hey all,

Finally joined this forum after finding a flyer at the last home game about the TOJ viewing party (on which I'll post in the appropriate section) which also mentioned this forum.

The basics: have been a fan for a few years, but moved overseas when I was just getting in to it and just kept in the loop via email and internet, which is not quite the same as feeling the energy being in the Key and among other fans. Glad to be back and experience it live. Finally got Season Tickets this year.

Can't decide on a favorite player, although if you insisted I'd probbaly go with Sue, but of course I love LJ and Wendy and when Betty is hot, my God she's hot. There's nothing like Izzy sprinting accross the court, and JB is movin on up. I'm also waiting for Katie to make us proud.

I'm going to be spending a lot of time reading and following your conversations because I am not as in the loop as most of you. But I am glad to be part of the Storm family.

See you at the games (Section 127) or at TOJ.

Nicole

IP Logged

Sara
Deep Bench

IL
Reply #103 - Jul 26th, 2007 at 11:13am

Hello Everyone!

I'm Sara.  23.  South Side of Chicago.  I've been a Bird fan since her UConn days so it was natural to become a Storm fan.  Before that I was just a WNBA fan. 

Chicago just acquired a team last year so I've enjoyed getting to see games in person.  I always make sure I go when the Storm is in town.  We're also having a great season in Chicago so it's an exciting atmosphere even if the rest of Chicago hasn't gotten the message.

Recently got to meet Sue and other Storm members when I went to the game in Connecticut (7/20) while road tripping with a pal.  3rd best day of my life (#1: White Sox win World Series; #2: seeing George Clooney in person at Ocean's 13 premiere last month...if you were wondering Tongue ).

I'm a sports nut.  Softball, volleyball, baseball, soccer and of course basketball.  I look forward to "meeting" and maybe meeting all of you!

Sara

Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/sara823
WWW vballstar823  
IP Logged

itstiff
Rookie

<3 #10!!

Reply #104 - Aug 17th, 2007 at 7:49pm

Hey everyone..

I'm Tiff, from Massachusetts, and am still stuck in college.  I've been a Storm fan the second they drafted Sue Bird.  Yes, I have been a die hard UCONN HUSKIES fan since 1994 (when I was only 8) and was a pretty die hard fan throughout Sue's college years.  I still have tapes from every game from Sue's UConn career, thanks to our local PBS station that airs every non-nationally televised game.

Unfortunately I've only been able to attend one of Sue's games, an UConn alumna charity game, the night before I took my PSATs.  But my excuse is that I'm young... didn't have a license during her UConn days nor when she played shortly for the Springfield Spirits, and live on the wrong coast right now.  But hopefully next summer I'll be able to change that.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
Send Topic Print