HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print
Women's Soccer/USWNT (Read 33163 times)
StormFanNo1
Veteran

Re: Women's Soccer/USWNT
Reply #90 - Aug 10th, 2012 at 12:26am

Hopefully the team from Seattle is the Sounders. Otherwise the league doesn't have much of a chance.

Cheers,

I believe!

IP Logged

czechchick7
Hall of Famer

Dalmatian without the
spots

WA
Reply #91 - Sep 1st, 2012 at 2:14pm

"A dream that's too big is just the right size."-Jennifer Azzi     “Have the courage to follow your dreams. That’s your gift to the world.”-Cathy Rush in "The Mighty Macs"

IP Logged

loveslauren
Starter

M-V-P (period!)

Beautiful Pacific NorthWest
Reply #92 - Sep 7th, 2012 at 12:52pm

For all who are interested:  Hope Solo will be at University Bookstore on the Ave, in Seattle, on Monday, Sept. 10th at 7 pm.  She'll be doing a book signing for both of her books: Solo, A Memoir of Hope and her children's book: Hope Solo, My Story.  A signing ticket is required, and you can get one of those by buying either (or both!  Smiley ) of her books at University Bookstore.  As per her guidelines: there will be no personalizing, no memorabilia signed, and no posed photos.

Come one, come all! 

Enjoy....

I still can't believe it! (just don't pinch me...) Dreams DO come true!!!

IP Logged

bcdawg04
Veteran

WA
Reply #93 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 3:52pm

Canada star Sinclair banned 4 games by FIFA

I think her coach's ploy to try to gain sympathy from the officials right before the game by complaining about the US's so-called "highly illegal" tactics backfired a bit.

Yeah, go ahead and complain about other teams and then go stomp on an opponent's head. Keep it classy.

"One of these days, you're going to make a ref cry."&&&&"I know you!  You're a Hooligan!"

IP Logged

czechchick7
Hall of Famer

Dalmatian without the
spots

WA
Reply #94 - Oct 13th, 2012 at 9:34am

I forgot to post this latest development with a new pro league and what the Sounders might do-

http://seattletimes.com/html/soundersfcblog/2019386830_sounders_women_confirm_in...

"A dream that's too big is just the right size."-Jennifer Azzi     “Have the courage to follow your dreams. That’s your gift to the world.”-Cathy Rush in "The Mighty Macs"

IP Logged

Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Reply #95 - Oct 13th, 2012 at 10:51pm

IP Logged

czechchick7
Hall of Famer

Dalmatian without the
spots

WA
Reply #96 - Nov 21st, 2012 at 1:01pm

It's official! New women's soccer league to start and have a team in Seattle.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/8659715/new-us-women-eight-team-league-announced

IP Logged

Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Reply #97 - Nov 21st, 2012 at 6:23pm

yay!!!!!! I'm in!!

IP Logged

czechchick7
Hall of Famer

Dalmatian without the
spots

WA
Reply #98 - Nov 22nd, 2012 at 9:10am

IP Logged

bcdawg04
Veteran

WA
Reply #99 - Nov 24th, 2012 at 3:56pm

It's about time the league included the PNW. I don't know if this league will survive, but including teams in Seattle and Portland will help. Interesting that there will be no team in California. I wonder which NT players get allocated to our team--surely Seattle won't be able to keep all the NTers who played for the Sounders Women. Will Rapinoe prefer Portland over Seattle? I think Morgan and Cox have reasons to stay, Leroux maybe as well? Reportedly Hope is living in Florida with her new hubby, so who knows how that will effect where she wants to play.

I'm excited to have a team and can't wait to support it...but if the new teams plays in Tukwila, I doubt I would get season tickets. That's a bit of a drive, especially for weekday games.

"One of these days, you're going to make a ref cry."&&&&"I know you!  You're a Hooligan!"

IP Logged

czechchick7
Hall of Famer

Dalmatian without the
spots

WA
Reply #100 - Jan 11th, 2013 at 12:13pm

Allocation announced.  Seattle got Solo and Rapinoe, Portland got Morgan.

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/NWSL/2013/01/NWSL-Announces-Allocation-of-55-Nation...

IP Logged

bcdawg04
Veteran

WA
Reply #101 - Jan 11th, 2013 at 6:53pm

A few weeks ago a friend and I were discussing the nightmarish possibility of Portland getting allocated Wambach, Rapinoe, and Sinclair. I don't know if the process would have allowed it, but conceivably the three of them could have listed Portland as their #1. Fortunately Wambach is going to her native state of New York (Western NY may have gotten only 2 US players, but Wambach and Loyd is not a bad draw).

I certainly won't complain about Seattle's US allocations, but count me amongst those surprised that Morgan is going to Portland. There is a rumor going around that Morgan did actually list Portland as her #1. Not everyone believes that, but I would sure like to know. If it's true, then she deserves to get booed whenever the Thorns are in Seattle. If it's not, then that is a whole different story.

I'm disappointed that we couldn't keep Veronica Perez in Seattle.

IP Logged

scowl
Veteran

Portland, OR
Reply #102 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 10:53pm

I don't like soccer but I support women's professional athletics so it looks like I'm buying season tickets to the Thorns down here. I can always bring a book.

"I know a lot of people who've gone to jail." -- Diana Taurasi
WWW scowl97201 scowlpdx  
IP Logged

scowl
Veteran

Portland, OR
Reply #103 - Mar 1st, 2013 at 6:31pm

As I promised, I bought season tickets down here for the Portland Thorns.

Season ticket sales have been fantastic! All of the expensive club seats are sold. I got two of the few remaining second tier reserved seats and they're almost gone. I'm about sixteen rows up.

"I know a lot of people who've gone to jail." -- Diana Taurasi
WWW scowl97201 scowlpdx  
IP Logged

Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Reply #104 - Apr 12th, 2013 at 9:20pm

The NWSL kicks off this weekend! Woohoo!!!

Unfortunately, no tv deal yet....but there is live streaming....first home game in Seattle not till next mo., tho....looking forward to it!!
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2013 at 9:20pm by Anotherfan »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print