Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Stormfans Home | Gameday | Chat | Gallery | Links | About Us
Click here for Forum Registration information
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
USA Women's National Volleyball Team (Read 3369 times)
flipper
Starter

Awesome Aussie &"Cheeky
Little Bugger";)

Re: USA Women's National Volleyball Team
Reply #15 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 12:17pm

As usual, what a battle between USA and Brazil.  The energy, the excitement...nerve-wracking but highly entertaining, imho.  And this is just the preliminaries!  What more if  or when they get in the medal round stages.   Even moreso, come Olympics...   

Although Team USA has been improving thus far (knock on wood that it continues that way) the heartbreaking loss in the 2008 Olympics in the gold medal match against the tpowerhouse Brazilians still stings.  Nevertheless, it was still a proud moment getting silver considering the expectations.  Hopefully, ths time around they will get that elusive gold (praying and crossing my fingers).  I just hope the pressure doesn't get to them because this time around a lot and more is expected from them...

Go Logan!
Go Team USA!

...but Sue Bird is a legend in my eyes, so I love her out there - Lauren Jackson

IP Logged

flipper
Starter

Awesome Aussie &"Cheeky
Little Bugger";)

Reply #16 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 5:19pm

Preliminary round match earlier today between USA and Brazil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQiPERcgMB4

...but Sue Bird is a legend in my eyes, so I love her out there - Lauren Jackson

IP Logged

czechchick7
Hall of Famer

Dalmatian without the
spots

WA
Reply #17 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 5:18pm

Latest news from the Olympic Team-

UW's Courtney Thompson and Tamari Miyashiro are now London-bound as members of Team USA!

"A dream that's too big is just the right size."-Jennifer Azzi     “Have the courage to follow your dreams. That’s your gift to the world.”-Cathy Rush in "The Mighty Macs"

IP Logged

flipper
Starter

Awesome Aussie &"Cheeky
Little Bugger";)

Reply #18 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 7:43pm

Big congrats to our beach volleyball ladies for their great Olympic run! 

Well done Misty & Kerri, Jen & April!

I have enjoyed so much watching Misty and Kerri play through the years that seeing and hearing them getting interviewed about London being Misty's last Olympics made me a little bit teary-eyed...(had me thinking too about Birdy and LJ...)

I will surely miss them.  Truly, legends/icons in their sport, this dynamic duo!

IP Logged

flipper
Starter

Awesome Aussie &"Cheeky
Little Bugger";)

Reply #19 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 8:36pm

What a bittersweet day! 

Happy for the US Women's Basketball Team but so heartbroken for the Women's Volleyball Team...especially for Logan Tom... Cry

So tough to take this loss because the ladies hasn't lost a match in 2012 until today.  Really a bitter pill to swallow when it is on the most important match of them all that they faltered...sigh...

Both US Women's Basketball and Soccer got gold in past Olympics  but never the Volleyball team.  Perhaps it's for this reason why I wanted so badly for our Volleyball ladies to do so well and to finally get that elusive gold...And maybe, moreso, because this might be Logan's last chance...

Yeah, maybe it's crazy to be this emotional and posting on the board to vent when nobody might even care, but I just really feel for the team and most especially for Logan.  And what might be even crazier to think is, she or the team might be taking this loss better than I am...

Oh well, I guess I can only hope and pray that Logan gives it one last shot in Rio and finally get that gold...

Or maybe she can shift to beach volleyball and pair up with Kerri...Wishful thinking, I know, but one can dream...

However, if London 2012 is really it for Logan, I tip my hat off to her and send her my sincere thanks for the 4 Olympics she had served and represented well The Red, White and Blue.  I will surely miss you playing for Team USA!

Same goes for Lindsey Berg, Danielle Scott-Aruda, really proud of them too!

Cheers to you Logan and the rest of Team USA!

« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2012 at 8:40pm by flipper »  

IP Logged

StormFanNo1
Veteran

Reply #20 - Aug 12th, 2012 at 2:20pm

Thinking back, US should have lost its last game to Turkey in the prelims so that Brazil wouldn't even have qualified for the playoffs.  Sad

Cheers,

I believe!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print