Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Stormfans Home | Gameday | Chat | Gallery | Links | About Us
Click here for Forum Registration information
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Carol Ross new LA coach (Read 415 times)
czechchick7
Hall of Famer

Dalmatian without the
spots

WA
Carol Ross new LA coach
Jan 5th, 2012 at 12:06pm

Just made LA better and Atlanta worse.  We'll still have to see how much influence she has on draft picks.  If Toler's running the show, it could mean LA makes a bad decision with #1.

"A dream that's too big is just the right size."-Jennifer Azzi     “Have the courage to follow your dreams. That’s your gift to the world.”-Cathy Rush in "The Mighty Macs"

IP Logged

FS02
Veteran

Poulsbo, WA
Re: Carol Ross new LA coach
Reply #1 - Jan 8th, 2012 at 1:37pm

Have to agree LA made a good hire.  I've liked Carol Ross since her Ole Miss days.  Huh

Once you label me you negate me.
~Soren Kierkegaard
IP Logged

psheehy
Veteran

Seattle is STILL the Storm's
home.Force Ten ROCKS!

Seattle
Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2012 at 12:09pm

czechchick7 wrote on Jan 5th, 2012 at 12:06pm:
Just made LA better and Atlanta worse.  We'll still have to see how much influence she has on draft picks.  If Toler's running the show, it could mean LA makes a bad decision with #1.

It is really, REALLY hard to make a wrong choice with the first pick.  The second onward...much more possible.

http://www.stormdefense.blogspot.com/
Just an ignorant but avid fan's random thoughts on the Storm.

Thank you Force 10, for keeping professional basketball here in Seattle.
WWW pssheehy  
IP Logged

FS02
Veteran

Poulsbo, WA
Reply #3 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 8:37pm

psheehy wrote on Jan 12th, 2012 at 12:09pm:
czechchick7 wrote on Jan 5th, 2012 at 12:06pm:

It is really, REALLY hard to make a wrong choice with the first pick.  The second onward...much more possible.

Janel McCarville and LaToya Thomas?  I admit it doesn't happen often, but even the #1 overall isn't guaranteed to be a superstar.

The safest course is probably to trade for a proven player like we did when we swapped the pick that ended up being Alexis Hornbuckle for Swin Cash. 

That said, I think if there's a chance you can get either Nneka Ogwumike or Elena Delle Donne to be part of your team for a long time, you have to take it.

Once you label me you negate me.
~Soren Kierkegaard
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print