Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Stormfans Home | Gameday | Chat | Gallery | Links | About Us
Click here for Forum Registration information
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
arob traded to d.c. for dunlap (Read 1946 times)
scullyfu
Veteran

arob traded to d.c. for dunlap
Feb 14th, 2012 at 9:13am

I'll always bleed Storm green!

IP Logged

czechchick7
Hall of Famer

Dalmatian without the
spots

WA
Re: arob traded to d.c. for dunlap
Reply #1 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 9:23am

In the short and long term, this is a good move.  Get younger, get more bench production, and dump some salary for good free agents.

"A dream that's too big is just the right size."-Jennifer Azzi     “Have the courage to follow your dreams. That’s your gift to the world.”-Cathy Rush in "The Mighty Macs"

IP Logged

Shed
Veteran

Reply #2 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 9:37am

As much as I like ARob, I think this is a good move for the team.

Sue "Effing" Bird for threeeeeeeeeee!!

I heart Swin!

IP Logged

Cindy2244
Starter

Maple Valley
Reply #3 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 9:52am

I like this trade. I hate losing ARob but we needed to get younger and I watched Dunlap a lot in the SEC. She's a good young player and hopefully with some good coaching and hard work can improve and give us help in the post.

Thank you Force 10!!

IP Logged

scullyfu
Veteran

Reply #4 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 9:58am

czechchick7 wrote on Feb 14th, 2012 at 9:23am:
In the short and long term, this is a good move.  Get younger, get more bench production, and dump some salary for good free agents. 

i think the difference between dunlap's rookie contract and arob's assumed vet minimum will help to cover any salary increases agler gave to t and katie; thus, possibly leaving le'coe's entire salary dump intact.

I'll always bleed Storm green!

IP Logged

czechchick7
Hall of Famer

Dalmatian without the
spots

WA
Reply #5 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 10:37am

scullyfu wrote on Feb 14th, 2012 at 9:58am:
czechchick7 wrote on Feb 14th, 2012 at 9:23am:

i think the difference between dunlap's rookie contract and arob's assumed vet minimum will help to cover any salary increases agler gave to t and katie; thus, possibly leaving le'coe's entire salary dump intact.

If not the entire salary, then still a good chunk of it.  If reports are true that the trade freed up around $200,000, then that means Le'coe was making close to max if Swin made max.  I read where T's now getting max, so she got a nice raise.

"A dream that's too big is just the right size."-Jennifer Azzi     “Have the courage to follow your dreams. That’s your gift to the world.”-Cathy Rush in "The Mighty Macs"

IP Logged

FS02
Veteran

Poulsbo, WA
Reply #6 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 10:43am

Wow!  Washington must think Dunlap isn't going to amount to much.  A-Rob will be keeping a spot warm for Griner or Delle Donne.  Roll Eyes

Once you label me you negate me.
~Soren Kierkegaard
IP Logged

Milkdud
Starter

WNBA Champs 2004, 2010...

Seattle
Reply #7 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 10:46am

The way Baylor is going, Griner may come out this year!

Patience is not a virtue, it is a waste of time.

IP Logged

norwester
YaBB Moderator

It's apt. APT!

Seattle
Reply #8 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 10:57am

This is interesting. I'm going to miss Arob, because I think she actually showed that she can be a consistent presence off the bench last year, and also her size. Dunlap is more like Le'Coe: an undersized post, and I don't know that we needed more of that, but on the other hand, we've shown that we can win like that, so what am I complaining about? Wink

Still, I agree that she (Dunlap) has some promising potential (was that redundant?), and kind of got buried on the bench in DC last year, after initially looking really good (including against us) so this is a good chance for her to potentially get some development with LJ out.

I'll also miss Arob's personality, though! Sad Good luck, A-rob!  Cool

It's a good move from an age and salary standpoint.

Ify got picked up by SASS; I was wondering

"I guess Lisa is a little mental."
http://norwestersdownpour.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

Michelle89
Starter

Aussie aussie aussie oi
oi oi

Holland
Reply #9 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 11:41am

I dont like this trade at all. Certainly not if you take Arob's growth last season (stepping in for LJ, and playing really well) in consideration Shocked
Wauters will be in the starting line-up most of the time so that would mean that Arob was our first post off the bench to backup Wauters and Little. Now Agler has Dunlap to backup Little but he is probably not going to play her a lot because her defense is not that great (she is able to switch on forwards though)

Tbh with how Trudy played Dunlap i almost expected her to be waived this season. So we lost Arob for nothing really. Yes we cleared salary bla bla its not a lot more then a vet minimum and we already traded Swin and Le'Coe for that. So i hope its for something bigger then giving Katie Smith and T Wright more money  Sad And there are not a lot of good FA's out there anymore so i hope this was a move in order to make a high bid for Carson or another good RFA

Hmm i hope Little will still be happy without her 2 good friends Swin and Arob in town Sad
« Last Edit: Feb 14th, 2012 at 11:42am by Michelle89 »  

IP Logged

aussie36
Starter

Go Storm!

Australia
Reply #10 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 12:34pm

Michelle89 wrote on Feb 14th, 2012 at 11:41am:
I dont like this trade at all. Certainly not if you take Arob's growth last season (stepping in for LJ, and playing really well) in consideration Shocked

If we have another big move then I'm all for creating the cap space. Someone tweeted LJ & Sue were the only 2 players not up for trade- id add Camille to this list. Young, talented & shown lots of potential last 2 seasons.
I was concerned when ARob got let go by another overseas team, yes she was injured but before that her figures were like the ARob of old. I think it's a good move, ARob never looked like improving consistently and u can only carry a player on your bench for team spirit for so long. Think the time came and I'm excited to see what Dunlap brings.

IP Logged

Lorely
Deep Bench

France
Reply #11 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 12:44pm

I like this trade. Yes Arob had a great year in 2011 but it was in special circumstances. Dunlap didn't get the opportunity to show what she can do last year with the Mystics so i'm looking forward to see her play, all I can remember is that she had a great game against the Storm.

"In Sue Bird we trust" Swin Cash || Awase is awesome!

IP Logged

Rail Keeper
Starter

Reply #12 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 2:15pm

I guess our 2011 MIP really wasn't

2010 WNBA Champions

IP Logged

Michelle89
Starter

Aussie aussie aussie oi
oi oi

Holland
Reply #13 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 3:00pm

aussie36 wrote on Feb 14th, 2012 at 12:34pm:
Michelle89 wrote on Feb 14th, 2012 at 11:41am:

If we have another big move then I'm all for creating the cap space. Someone tweeted LJ & Sue were the only 2 players not up for trade- id add Camille to this list. Young, talented & shown lots of potential last 2 seasons.
I was concerned when ARob got let go by another overseas team, yes she was injured but before that her figures were like the ARob of old. I think it's a good move, ARob never looked like improving consistently and u can only carry a player on your bench for team spirit for so long. Think the time came and I'm excited to see what Dunlap brings.

I got a mail from the Storm with this interesting sentence:
Quote:
Stay tuned as we look to make one more big splash in free agency before filling out the roster with young players and draft picks, including the No. 2 overall selection.

I'm hoping/wishing for Essence Carson to provide a scoring spark and some good D from the bench. If we have to pay her everything we have left or max deal so be it! But even then i think the Liberty will match but there is a chance because they already re-signed Leilani Mitchell so i hope they have cap issues Tongue

IP Logged

FS02
Veteran

Poulsbo, WA
Reply #14 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 3:16pm

Essence Carson is one of my faves. Cool

Once you label me you negate me.
~Soren Kierkegaard
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print