Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Stormfans Home | Gameday | Chat | Gallery | Links | About Us
Click here for Forum Registration information
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Tina Thompson to Seattle??? (Read 4402 times)
DwgsStormFan
Veteran

Seattle, WA
Tina Thompson to Seattle???
Feb 23rd, 2012 at 7:01pm

Tweeted from Jayda: Sources: @seattleStorm will sign 37-year-old Tina Thompson | Seattle Times Newspaper http://bit.ly/xdXUbl #wnba

Oh come on - now we are really reaching

2010 was even better than 2004
hspeegle  
IP Logged

Nerd2
Deep Bench

Go Storm!

Re: Tina Thompson to Seattle???
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2012 at 7:09pm

DwgsStormFan wrote on Feb 23rd, 2012 at 7:01pm:
Tweeted from Jayda: Sources: @seattleStorm will sign 37-year-old Tina Thompson | Seattle Times Newspaper http://bit.ly/xdXUbl #wnba

Oh come on - now we are really reaching

Yeah, hoopfeed just tweeted that rumor too. I have never really liked her on-court demeanor and the idea that we replace Swin in any way with her just disgusts me. Plus, she looked terribly uninterested last year. I am very very disappointed.

IP Logged

scullyfu
Veteran

Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2012 at 7:19pm

if true, this is a big pile of steaming dog do-do. so much for the 'one more big splash in free agency'.  Angry Angry

my anticipation for the season really perked up when we got wauters, but this move is so contrary to what the storm need to be doing (getting younger), its disgusting. we've tried this golden oldies routine plenty of times before and never with what you'd call good results. EPIC FAIL!
« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2012 at 7:20pm by scullyfu »  

I'll always bleed Storm green!

IP Logged

walker
Starter

Seattle
Reply #3 - Feb 23rd, 2012 at 7:31pm

Bad move!

Not at all happy at what this signing appears to be, at this point in time.

IP Logged

czechchick7
Hall of Famer

Dalmatian without the
spots

WA
Reply #4 - Feb 23rd, 2012 at 9:02pm

IF she's signed (and that's a big "if"), then it better be for vet minimum and she comes off the bench.  I don't see how Agler can say he's working to get younger and build for the future when he goes and signs another 37 yr. old player.

"A dream that's too big is just the right size."-Jennifer Azzi     “Have the courage to follow your dreams. That’s your gift to the world.”-Cathy Rush in "The Mighty Macs"

IP Logged

norwester
YaBB Moderator

It's apt. APT!

Seattle
Reply #5 - Feb 23rd, 2012 at 9:38pm

I don't get it. Maybe the TT of a few years ago will show up?  Undecided

At least she gets along with Sue and Lauren, from back in their Spartak days.

"I guess Lisa is a little mental."
http://norwestersdownpour.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

DwgsStormFan
Veteran

Seattle, WA
Reply #6 - Feb 23rd, 2012 at 9:44pm

Her drama on the court has always bothered me ... glaring at the officials all the time when a foul gets called on her. "Who me?  ... How dare you!" Or better yet, her drama whenever she falls on the floor or misses a shot - someone fouled me ... why didn't you call it?

I've liked her playing in past years, but the Storm need to go in a different direction, and Tina needs to retire. I agree, she definitely didn't look at all interested last year.

2010 was even better than 2004
hspeegle  
IP Logged

Michelle89
Starter

Aussie aussie aussie oi
oi oi

Holland
Reply #7 - Feb 24th, 2012 at 12:35am

Mine reaction on rebkell:
Quote:
Swoopes Griffith deja vuuuuuuuuuuuu

Am not that happy with this trade but i can understand it from Agler's point of view. I dont like that she is very old and that with her and Katie Smith we have no young player to play some minutes at the 3(No dunlap is not a 3)

But he needed/wanted a versatile post who can shoot the 3/long jumper and maybe backup some minutes at the 3 position or capable of switching to smaller guards/forwards in our defensive system. She is capable of that.
Next to that she gets along with Birdy and LJ very well back from their days at Spartak. So am not really worried about their on the court chemistry. If TT gets too crazy and starts shooting all over the place i have no doubt that Sue will set her straight. Once again our season depends on our health!

P.S people get your facts straight TT didnt suck the last 2 years she sucked last year. Not in 2010(averaging 16,6 pts and 6,2 rebounds) where she saved the Sparks asses and dragged them into the playoffs when Parker got injured. Averaging 20 pts the last 2 months or so!

IP Logged

amdg
Veteran

Reply #8 - Feb 24th, 2012 at 7:57am

Memories of 2008 come back to haunt me.  At the end of the season, in the playoffs, both Swoopes and Griffith were hobbled by their injuries.  LJ was also injured.  End of season.

Plus with younger players getting faster and craftier... I mean, c'mon, we'd might as well not have traded Swin after all!  Ugh.  Jayda on Twitter though says Izi might come back?  I dunno anymore.  Tongue

Ours is a stormy kind of love. - U2
IP Logged

StormFanNo1
Veteran

Reply #9 - Feb 24th, 2012 at 7:59am

Let's hope that her lack of production last year was due to issues with her and the sparks organization, and not due to her advanced age. Hopefully we will find the old TT back in Seattle.

Cheers,

I believe!

IP Logged

norwester
YaBB Moderator

It's apt. APT!

Seattle
Reply #10 - Feb 24th, 2012 at 10:43am

Izi is not a player I ever wanted to see again. She's fast. She has a nice smile. She seemed like a decent defender. I'm unsure of her contributions to team chemistry, however, and she was woefully inconsistent. I just don't think her style fit well with the Storm. I hope this is just what has been stated: a rumor.

I'm feeling all right about TT after hearing from some other fans. She had one bad year: last year. That could be as much to do with management as the team. She could be good for 20 minutes or so off the bench consistently.

"I guess Lisa is a little mental."
http://norwestersdownpour.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

scowl
Veteran

Portland, OR
Reply #11 - Feb 24th, 2012 at 10:51am

How's that "getting younger" plan working out?

"I know a lot of people who've gone to jail." -- Diana Taurasi
WWW scowl97201 scowlpdx  
IP Logged

psheehy
Veteran

Seattle is STILL the Storm's
home.Force Ten ROCKS!

Seattle
Reply #12 - Feb 25th, 2012 at 8:12am

I looked at the UFA pool and these were two I tagged as possible targets.  As other teams picked off most of the other names on my list I started seeing both of these rise to the top so I am not surprised.

The free agent crop was not spectacular this year.  Wauters was the big splash.

The Storm have some youth in international "reserved" players (Bishop, Vesala), Dunlap and the #2 pick, that was about as "young" as I saw Coach Agler going this year.

I am surprised that Agler could swing both players....Thompson might be willing to play here for less than her recent salaries, but Castro Marques likely isn't.

I for one am just going to sit back and wait for next week.

http://www.stormdefense.blogspot.com/
Just an ignorant but avid fan's random thoughts on the Storm.

Thank you Force 10, for keeping professional basketball here in Seattle.
WWW pssheehy  
IP Logged

czechchick7
Hall of Famer

Dalmatian without the
spots

WA
Reply #13 - Feb 25th, 2012 at 9:19am

Fun and interesting exchange between Agler and dtsnms (David from "Dishin' and Swishin') on Twitter:

@brian_agler is that where you've been shopping for players? The day old section?

@DishNSwish Wow!! Bulletin board material! Well ill say this, wherever they spend time and if I feel like they can help, I will find them.

@brian_agler lol, that is something I have no doubt coach. You will find them.

@DishNSwish I try my best. All the best! It will be interesting how this college draft winds down and the draft board develops!

@brian_agler yessir! On to the next one!
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2012 at 9:19am by czechchick7 »  

"A dream that's too big is just the right size."-Jennifer Azzi     “Have the courage to follow your dreams. That’s your gift to the world.”-Cathy Rush in "The Mighty Macs"

IP Logged

strumpet22
Veteran

Reply #14 - Feb 25th, 2012 at 4:11pm

We just need Cynthia Cooper to complete our early '90s Comets retrospective!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print