Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Stormfans Home | Gameday | Chat | Gallery | Links | About Us
Click here for Forum Registration information
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I'm sort of enjoying this NBA season (Read 855 times)
scowl
Veteran

Portland, OR
I'm sort of enjoying this NBA season
Mar 15th, 2012 at 9:46am

Due to the strike, the men are finding out that the tight schedule that WNBA players have to endure every season isn't so easy.

Our Blazers lost to Indiana here, then flew across the country in their private jet to play the Knicks the next day. They lost by forty points.

"I know a lot of people who've gone to jail." -- Diana Taurasi
WWW scowl97201 scowlpdx  
IP Logged

BrrringIt
Veteran

Cheeky Little Bugger

Re: I'm sort of enjoying this NBA season
Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 10:52am

Kind of reminds me of the old observation that Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, only she did it backward and in high heels.

Won't somebody think of the children?!

IP Logged

norwester
YaBB Moderator

It's apt. APT!

Seattle
Reply #2 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 2:36pm

Ha-ha, Brrringy! That is always a good one.  Cool

Ouch for the Blazers. Usually our back-to-backs aren't preceded by cross-country flights, at least. Though the private jet probably has some mitigating effect. Wink

'course, we don't even have a local NBA team to follow. Is anyone else here (who doesn't live in Portland or another NBA city) keeping an eye on the Blazers instead? I'm just curious.

"I guess Lisa is a little mental."
http://norwestersdownpour.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

czechchick7
Hall of Famer

Dalmatian without the
spots

WA
Reply #3 - Mar 16th, 2012 at 9:33am

Don't care for the NBA.  But like any true Chicagoan, I do take a peek every once and awhile at how "my" Bulls are doing.  Wink

"A dream that's too big is just the right size."-Jennifer Azzi     “Have the courage to follow your dreams. That’s your gift to the world.”-Cathy Rush in "The Mighty Macs"

IP Logged

scowl
Veteran

Portland, OR
Reply #4 - Mar 17th, 2012 at 5:10pm

I couldn't help but look when my computer said "Blazers 28 Knicks 60" at the half.  Shocked

WWW scowl97201 scowlpdx  
IP Logged

gentree13
Starter

Dont Arouse the Wrath
of the Great & Powerful
Loz!

Beacon Hill
Reply #5 - Mar 17th, 2012 at 11:34pm

norwester wrote on Mar 15th, 2012 at 2:36pm:
'course, we don't even have a local NBA team to follow. Is anyone else here (who doesn't live in Portland or another NBA city) keeping an eye on the Blazers instead? I'm just curious.

I found myself rooting for and following the Blazers a bit more closely than other NBA teams because of Nate McMillan, Brandon Roy, and some other local products. I lost a lot of interest lately after they fired "Mr. Sonic", released Greg Oden, and Brandon Roy retired. It is too bad too, because that team looked to be on the upswing and getting away from the "JailBlazers" nickname just a few years ago. I still follow Kevin Durant because he left such a good impression on me when he was here. I am also enjoying the Timberwolves.

Seattleites buy more sunglasses per capita than any other city in the nation. Seattle was the first city in the US to play a Beatles song on the radio. A group of ravens/crows is called a murder. Here's to bilita mpash (blissful dreams).

IP Logged

scowl
Veteran

Portland, OR
Reply #6 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 1:38pm

I even watched part of the Blazer game against the Thunder last night to see if we could get thirty points behind. The Blazers actually held the defense together well enough to not be blown out.

It looked like simple pick and rolls are very effective in the NBA. These guys are huge and it's nearly impossible to go around screens. The court looked so small after watching eight women's NCAA games.

It looked like zone defense (now legal) is a lot tougher to be effective in the NBA. It takes constant movement due to the defensive three second rule and they don't move fast enough.

The officials are fantastic. I don't think there was a single call that wasn't proved correct on the slow motion replay.

Lamarcus Aldridge was funny with Penny Marshall on Portlandia, although he only had two or three lines.

WWW scowl97201 scowlpdx  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print