Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Stormfans Home | Gameday | Chat | Gallery | Links | About Us
Click here for Forum Registration information
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sonicsgate: Requiem for a Team (Read 970 times)
scrappy
Starter

Aussie Princess

Sonicsgate: Requiem for a Team
Apr 28th, 2012 at 11:00pm

don't forget to watch "Sonicsgate: Requiem for a Team"  CNBC on sunday night, Aapril 29 at 10:00 pm. Eastern / 7:00 pm pacific.

how david stern gave the middle finger to sonics fans of 41 years and gave the team to his buddy clay bennett.

She's blonde, she can block. She's 6 foot 5, and she can deny. Though she's quite tall, she certainly can score. You all think she's quite nice, but on court she can put up a fight.

IP Logged

Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Re: Sonicsgate: Requiem for a Team
Reply #1 - Apr 29th, 2012 at 1:09pm

you know, to this day, that whole thing still makes me really really angry  Angry Angry -- definitely will be watching!

IP Logged

scowl
Veteran

Portland, OR
Reply #2 - May 4th, 2012 at 6:11pm

What is this "Storm" they kept mentioning during press conferences? The documentary never said. Is it like a CBA basketball team or something?

"I know a lot of people who've gone to jail." -- Diana Taurasi
WWW scowl97201 scowlpdx  
IP Logged

strumpet22
Veteran

Reply #3 - May 5th, 2012 at 11:29pm

Here's a good insider article about the team's death. I think it pinpoints the issues very well. Schultz was completely delusional about what it's like to own a sports team. Bennett knew what he was doing all along. And while the Thunder is totally the type of team I would like to root for, it's still hard. Not for the players or the fans, but for the owners. Though I suppose a ton of sports team owners aren't paragons of the community. Anyway, funny rumor about the Storm 2004 championship team in the article.

http://deadspin.com/5907371/howard-schultz-gave-out-350-starbucks-gift-cards-an-...

IP Logged

scowl
Veteran

Portland, OR
Reply #4 - May 6th, 2012 at 12:01pm

When I come up to Seattle and mention the Storm to people, some of them quickly change the subject to how they expect to get an NBA team back in town any day now. I tell them that Stern has banished Seattle from the NBA family for its disrespectful behavior during the Sonics sale. They say the day after Stern retires, Seattle will get a new team. I don't think that's going to happen unless you folks have a billion dollars to build a basketball temple for them.

"I know a lot of people who've gone to jail." -- Diana Taurasi
WWW scowl97201 scowlpdx  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print