Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Stormfans Home | Gameday | Chat | Gallery | Links | About Us
Click here for Forum Registration information
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Storm @ Sparks Jun-3-2012 (Read 1631 times)
StormFanNo1
Veteran

Storm @ Sparks Jun-3-2012
Jun 2nd, 2012 at 4:25pm

This game is officially on the loss column. But if we carry over our all team ball handling, continue to play great defense as a team, and Sue's hot shooting from yesterday, who knows?  Especially if T and Wauters break out of their slump, we have a shot at winning this one!

Cheers,

I believe!

IP Logged

scullyfu
Veteran

Re: Storm @ Sparks Jun-3-2012
Reply #1 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 8:04pm

the game is being shown on KONG, too.

I'll always bleed Storm green!

IP Logged

Michelle89
Starter

Aussie aussie aussie oi
oi oi

Holland
Reply #2 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 2:39am

This will be a good test to see if we really improved our ballhandling and our TO problems. They will trap the pick&roll with Birdy again so we will see how she deals with that. And if Agler wants to play Sue off the ball a bit at SG then T and katie will have to handle the ball without turning it over all the time.

Starting line-up (IMO): Bird, Wright, Smith, Little and Wauters
Playing solid minutes off the bench: TT (20+ min), Stricklen (20+min) and Kobryn (10+ min).

Lets see if Tanisha can get our of her slump and Wauters and Little can both play great in the same game Wink And of course we need Sue Die *****es Bird Cool

IP Logged

DwgsStormFan
Veteran

Seattle, WA
Reply #3 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 9:41am

We need to win this game or LA wins the series already, and has the tie-breakers against us in post season.

2010 was even better than 2004
hspeegle  
IP Logged

Eric
Rookie

Reply #4 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 11:39am

I hope this is the game in which Tolliver finally cools off...unless she commits 14 turnovers again, yikes!  Shocked

I don't have high expectations for this one, but it sure would be nice to make up for that opening night loss.  Weird scheduling though, playing them so many times in the first few games, without LJ to boot. 

This is the first of 5 consecutive road games...silver lining for me is that they'll all start and end at a reasonable time!  Smiley

Go Storm!

"In the fullness of time, a garden to nurture and protect...it's a measure of a life."

IP Logged

gentree13
Starter

Dont Arouse the Wrath
of the Great & Powerful
Loz!

Beacon Hill
Reply #5 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:28pm

I have just one wish for this game. Can someone keep an eye, some hands, or something on Kristi Toliver please? When she is frustrated, she turns the ball over. She can't make shots if she is constantly losing the ball. If she keeps turning the ball over, that means fewer touches for Nneka, Candace Parker, etc., which is a plus for the Storm. Nneka did not play very well in her first two games against the Storm, but I expect her energy to be more of a factor tonight.

Seattleites buy more sunglasses per capita than any other city in the nation. Seattle was the first city in the US to play a Beatles song on the radio. A group of ravens/crows is called a murder. Here's to bilita mpash (blissful dreams).

IP Logged

Michelle89
Starter

Aussie aussie aussie oi
oi oi

Holland
Reply #6 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 6:36pm

Katie Smith with 11 pts(3 of 5 shooting) at half time Cheesy. Storm are up 34-32 at the break. And i gotta say Birdy is playing some good defense on Toliver, making her a passer instead of a shooter!

Camille pls go up strong to the basket. You really need to make those bunnies

Kobryn playing well Cool Our bench with 11 pts and the Sparks bench has 2 pts Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2012 at 6:37pm by Michelle89 »  

IP Logged

Eric
Rookie

Reply #7 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 7:16pm

The Storm are in a great position after 3, up 49-43.  I really like how Agler is trying to get Birdy going as the alpha scorer, but unfortunately playing her off the ball means T has to play the point...

Not getting a lot of production out of TT and Camille.  One of them needs to step it up in the 4th if the Storm are going to win this thing.

Let's hold on and get this win!

"In the fullness of time, a garden to nurture and protect...it's a measure of a life."

IP Logged

Michelle89
Starter

Aussie aussie aussie oi
oi oi

Holland
Reply #8 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 7:54pm

we gave this win away again! Simple as that!

Katie Smith kept us in the game with her clutch 3 but should not have put themselves in such a position. We were up almost the whole game without playing great. And then we lose again in the 4th quarter

IP Logged

flipper
Starter

Awesome Aussie &"Cheeky
Little Bugger";)

Reply #9 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 7:55pm

Sigh...

Storm couldn't close it out...

Oh well, moving on...

GO STORM!

...but Sue Bird is a legend in my eyes, so I love her out there - Lauren Jackson

IP Logged

StormFanNo1
Veteran

Reply #10 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 9:42pm

Darn, that was close!

Oh well. On to the next one...

Cheers,

I believe!

IP Logged

gentree13
Starter

Dont Arouse the Wrath
of the Great & Powerful
Loz!

Beacon Hill
Reply #11 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 12:46am

gentree13 wrote on Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:28pm:
Nneka did not play very well in her first two games against the Storm, but I expect her energy to be more of a factor tonight.

Arrghh! Did I have to say this.? The Storm shut her down pretty well, but that last shot erases any of that good defense. Ann Wauters was a little passive defensively to give her an open look. I have to think Brian Agler said not to foul, especially a shooter, but she could have at least tried a little harder to stay in front of her. Oh well, it doesn't get any easier...

One more thing: 25 three-point attempts? That was all fine and dandy when we were hitting the shots, but take away Katie Smith, and we hit 12.5% from beyond the arc. This team needs to be creative at finding ways to get the ball inside more. Ann Wauters only scored two points in the second half. Even if it means Brian changing his offense just a touch. Now would be the time to do since it is early, and we have key parts in Lauren Jackson and possibly Svet coming in later. Otherwise neither of them will be able to save the season past missing the playoffs or a first round sweep. I look at these first few months as an extended training camp, with the stretch run coming after the Olympic break. If we can get some offensive balance and continuity by then, I will be happy.
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2012 at 1:03am by gentree13 »  

Seattleites buy more sunglasses per capita than any other city in the nation. Seattle was the first city in the US to play a Beatles song on the radio. A group of ravens/crows is called a murder. Here's to bilita mpash (blissful dreams).

IP Logged

aussie36
Starter

Go Storm!

Australia
Reply #12 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 2:32am

The shot clock violation in the 4th really killed us. Was up by 5 w/ chance to make it 3 possession game & instead TO and LA make a 3.
My feelings about Wright have been made clear on this board and I'm not picking on her by mentioning this, I just don't understand how after Agler called a TO cos our offence was stagnent & drew up a play so everyone knew exactly how long was left on the clock, and Birdy was SCREAMING for the ball (I could hear her over top of announcers on liveaccess) Wright doesn't pass until its too late & we got a shot clock violation. it really turned the game. I know sometimes violations happen during games, but to call a timeout and not run the play Agler drew up, just argh!

IP Logged

StorminPope
Veteran

California
Reply #13 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 8:22am

StormFanNo1 wrote on Jun 3rd, 2012 at 9:42pm:
Darn, that was close!

Oh well. On to the next one...

Cheers,

Yep, time for the next game!

Achieve! Dream! Believe!
WWW http://www.myspace.com/lizpope https://www.facebook.com/elizabethpopelive  
IP Logged

Eric
Rookie

Reply #14 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 9:08am

VERY disappointing loss, especially since the Storm outplayed LA for 3 quarters.  They even outscored them in the paint (how this happened, I have no idea) and outrebounded them as well, but the execution in the 4th quarter was pretty bad once again.  It's a shame to see Katie's great game go to waste like that, and it all but guarantees a losing road trip.  Sad

If they really are focused on baby steps and small improvements like they say, then I'll be happy with the effort along with the team...but I can't say that these losses aren't getting to me!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print