Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Stormfans Home | Gameday | Chat | Gallery | Links | About Us
Click here for Forum Registration information
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
March with the Storm at the Pride parade (Read 1351 times)
greasergrrl
Starter

FORCE 10,000!

March with the Storm at the Pride parade
Jun 8th, 2012 at 3:50pm

They just posted this on FB:
Quote:
LOVE the Storm? Come march with us at the Pride Parade on 6/24! Email pride@stormbasketball.com for instructions and more information. Limited to the first 50 Storm Crazies to respond!

I wonder if any players will march!  Doubtful when they have to play that day - marching in the parade is long and tiring.

I think it'll be pretty crazy at the game that day - surprising they opted to play on a day the Seattle Center is going to be packed to the brim.  Parking is going to suck.  Should be fun though!

IP Logged

scullyfu
Veteran

Re: March with the Storm at the Pride parade
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 4:09pm

the storm have played when the center has been crowded before; over the years the annual folk life festival at the end of may comes to mind.
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2012 at 4:09pm by scullyfu »  

I'll always bleed Storm green!

IP Logged

strumpet22
Veteran

Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2012 at 1:05am

scullyfu wrote on Jun 8th, 2012 at 4:09pm:
the storm have played when the center has been crowded before; over the years the annual folk life festival at the end of may comes to mind.

The worst I've ever had it for parking is for Hempfest. That will again be an issue for the August 18th game. Seriously, one year there were cars parked all the way to Whole Foods. Blah.

Super cool about pride though.

IP Logged

norwester
YaBB Moderator

It's apt. APT!

Seattle
Reply #3 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 11:11am

Just realized I'll have to figure out alternate bus routes, because it's always impossible to get from Seattle Center to Capitol Hill via the #8 on the day of Pride. Heaven forbid Metro increase service, though.  Roll Eyes

"I guess Lisa is a little mental."
http://norwestersdownpour.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

04wnbachamps
Veteran

Ashley Rocks! I ♥ Simone!

Seattle
Reply #4 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 12:13pm

If anyone else gets newsletters from Equal Rights Washington, I got this email a few days ago. It's a little long, so I shortened it a bit:

Quote:
After marching or watching the Seattle Pride Parade, and attending Seattle Pridefest 2012, why not get inside Key Arena and watch the amazingly talented Storm sweat for you!

Be one of 100 of ERW's most spirited fans to experience the best that Seattle basketball has to offer, as the Storm takes on the Washington Mystic. It will be a dynamic ending to an epic Pride Sunday in Seattle! Book your tickets through the ERW Education Fund, and a significant portion of the proceeds will help us work toward building a marriage equality majority in Washington and our work beyond November 2012!

Join us as a group together in section 125!      

**50/50 raffle on concourse for ERW - help us break the Storm fundraising record!**
Game and raffle tickets will be waiting for pick up at the will-call window on game day. Multiple raffle tickets are available for liberal purchase!
Be apart of this sell-out game and help ERW slam-dunk equal rights for Washington! Buy your tickets today!
We look forward to seeing you there!
As always, thank you for your support!
ERW
PS:  And of course we will have a table in the concourse where you can learn all about what ERW is doing to bring marriage equality to Washington State!  ERW is participating with the Seattle Storm in this Pride Event that will benefit other LGBT organizations in the Seattle area, including the GSBA. But the sale of this block of tickets will go to ERW Education Fund.  Thanks for your support!

http://equalityfederation.salsalabs.com/o/35037/p/salsa/event/common/public/?eve...

"I think that the best way to be discovered is to be around what you want to be discovered." - Alicia Keys
IP Logged

greasergrrl
Starter

FORCE 10,000!

Reply #5 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 11:19am

Here's a video the Storm posted that sums up the day - pretty cool:

http://vimeo.com/44777493

IP Logged

BrrringIt
Veteran

Cheeky Little Bugger

Reply #6 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 8:07am

Just curious, when did they stop calling it "Gay" Pride?

Won't somebody think of the children?!

IP Logged

scowl
Veteran

Portland, OR
Reply #7 - Jul 2nd, 2012 at 1:24pm

BrrringIt wrote on Jun 28th, 2012 at 8:07am:
Just curious, when did they stop calling it "Gay" Pride?

I think it's when they included bisexuals and transsexuals. They're not "gay" as I understand the word.

"I know a lot of people who've gone to jail." -- Diana Taurasi
WWW scowl97201 scowlpdx  
IP Logged

BrrringIt
Veteran

Cheeky Little Bugger

Reply #8 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 5:16pm

Then I suggest "LGBTQ Pride."  Not as easy to say as "Storm Pride," but at least it's historically accurate.
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2012 at 5:17pm by BrrringIt »  

Won't somebody think of the children?!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print