Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
8/16/2012 vs Mercury. (Read 1304 times)
I love Sue Bird
Rookie

Go Storm!

8/16/2012 vs Mercury.
Aug 15th, 2012 at 10:23pm

anyone know how many team posters are being handed out?

IP Logged

Michelle89
Starter

Aussie aussie aussie oi
oi oi

Holland
Re: 8/16/2012 vs Mercury.
Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 2:39am

Game of the injuries. Phoenix without Taurasi (didnt travel with team), Penny, Dupree and Houston. The Storm are without LJ, Wauters and half of Thompson. Birdy will probably be still tired so im expecting not a lot of Die *****es tonight.

But Storm need to win this game if they still want a chance at moving up in the standings. Im hoping for a 10-5 or 11-4 2nd half of the season but with LJ out for the first couple of games(maybe even 4) it will be tough

IP Logged

scowl
Veteran

Portland, OR
Reply #2 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 8:22am

I love Sue Bird wrote on Aug 15th, 2012 at 10:23pm:
anyone know how many team posters are being handed out?

"I know a lot of people who've gone to jail." -- Diana Taurasi
WWW scowl97201 scowlpdx  
IP Logged

FS02
Veteran

Poulsbo, WA
Reply #3 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 6:29pm

Even Alexis Gray Lawson is injured now, so Phoenix signed former ASU guard Dymond Simon.

Once you label me you negate me.
~Soren Kierkegaard
IP Logged

Eric
Rookie

Reply #4 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 7:49pm

Great to see the ladies back in action.  I loved the Olympics as much as the next guy, but it'll be nice to watch some games that are a little more...competitive?  ;)

It's amazing how depleted this Phoenix roster is.  I know the Storm aren't exactly at 100% either (SO RELIEVED to see Tina out there!), but there's no reason why they shouldn't pull away in the 2nd half once they figure out the Mercury zone.  The confidence definitely isn't lacking though, Camille and Strick in particular are playing with a lot of energy tonight!

"In the fullness of time, a garden to nurture and protect...it's a measure of a life."

IP Logged

FS02
Veteran

Poulsbo, WA
Reply #5 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 9:28pm

Great job by T, Camille and the bench to hold it down!!  Sue left the game with stomach flu if you didn't hear the news.  I hope she can recover by Saturday.

Once you label me you negate me.
~Soren Kierkegaard
IP Logged

LaurenRules
Starter

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 10:07pm

Crazy game, what with Sue leaving early, Tina hobbling around (but still draining three!), no Ann, no Diana, and tons of elbows flying. Bonner even walked the basketball out of bounds - not so sure what that was about.

A great moment before the game, though.  Both teams were warming up and they had a nice celebration for our wonderful three-time Olympic gold medalist point guard, complete with flowers.  Sue got a standing ovation, and even the Phoenix players stopped what they were doing to applaud.

Great game by Millie especially, and wonderful to see Svet regaining some of her championship year form.
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2012 at 10:07pm by LaurenRules »  

IP Logged

Wingardium
Veteran

What The Duck?

Reply #7 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 11:30pm

The parade of local sportswomen was fun to see-- and also nice to see Big Sexy herself back in the Key.

BTW, nice sign, CC....

Sure we're a niche sport. But we have two championship trophies in OUR niche....

IP Logged

scowl
Veteran

Portland, OR
Reply #8 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 9:17am

LaurenRules wrote on Aug 16th, 2012 at 10:07pm:
Crazy game, what with Sue leaving early, Tina hobbling around (but still draining three!), no Ann, no Diana, and tons of elbows flying. Bonner even walked the basketball out of bounds - not so sure what that was about.

It looked like she took an elbow to the chest. Bonner has no padding so I'm sure that hurt. It looked like she was waiting for a call or a timeout and instead turned it over.

Also someone inbounded the ball with their foot on the line. It's like the preseason all over again!  Smiley

Prahalis made some crazy shots including that one after the shot clock expired. What a great draft pick for the Mercury,

"I know a lot of people who've gone to jail." -- Diana Taurasi
WWW scowl97201 scowlpdx  
IP Logged

Bbfan1960
Starter

Don't give up, Don't EVER
give up!  -Jim Valvano

Reply #9 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 11:50am

It looks like Phoenix has decided to enter the Griner/Delle Donne sweepstakes. LJ can take her time getting back.  Unless we almost run the table it looks like we are pretty much locked into fourth.

Storm wins make my day, Storm losses ruin my day.

IP Logged

Michelle89
Starter

Aussie aussie aussie oi
oi oi

Holland
Reply #10 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 3:55pm

scowl wrote on Aug 17th, 2012 at 9:17am:
LaurenRules wrote on Aug 16th, 2012 at 10:07pm:

It looked like she took an elbow to the chest. Bonner has no padding so I'm sure that hurt. It looked like she was waiting for a call or a timeout and instead turned it over.

Also someone inbounded the ball with their foot on the line. It's like the preseason all over again!  Smiley

Prahalis made some crazy shots including that one after the shot clock expired. What a great draft pick for the Mercury,

I learned something new today. I had a game myself and was told by the refs that you can have the foot on (not over) the line while inbounding the ball. I didnt know that before

But when the ball is inbound and then a players steps on the line then they are out.

But yeah Bonner took a hard screen in the chest/shoulder area and instead of turning the ball over because of the pain and risking a layup she walked it out of bounds herself. I was surpised that Gaines didnt took her out of the game. Or why she was in the game at all in those last 5 minutes when they are down 18 pts Undecided

IP Logged

CoconutMonkey
Starter

Reply #11 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 10:35pm

I Thought I had a good battery for this game, but the long Olympic break drained it, and I forgot to check! Got some shots anyway. Good win, and let's hope Birdy gets well soon. It's about time we beat LA!
A bright note for a sparse Phoenix team is that Sammy played great. I was impressed.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canonfan/sets/72157631121147674/

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print