Send Topic Print
8/18/2012 vs. LA (Read 817 times)
LaurenRules
Starter

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

8/18/2012 vs. LA
Aug 18th, 2012 at 10:49pm

Well, that was heartbreaking.

T was a total warrior out there.  I think that's the best I've ever seen her play - certainly, the only time I've ever seen her take over a game like that.  Unfortunately, I think she was too upset about losing to care how brilliantly she played.

Shekinna was another bright spot - blazing in out of nowhere to cut to the basket - and Alysha was tremendously scrappy - but with no Ann (Achilles), no Sue (flu), no Lauren (Australia) and Tina still hurt (knee), they just had too many weapons.  (sigh).  Plus, Svet had some horrible mistakes and our offense just is too complicated and takes too long.

Great effort, ladies.  Rest up!
« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2012 at 10:50pm by LaurenRules »  

IP Logged

CoconutMonkey
Starter

Re: 8/18/2012 vs. LA
Reply #1 - Aug 19th, 2012 at 7:37am

Totally agree with you, LaurenRules. A few more free throws made, and only one or two more baskets, and our very shorthanded  team could easily have taken this one. I really appreciated their great effort. A tough one to lose. Here's my photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canonfan/sets/72157631138197266/

IP Logged

FS02
Veteran

Poulsbo, WA
Reply #2 - Aug 19th, 2012 at 2:34pm

Clark has been a nice surprise, eh?

I hope Sue feels better soon, we've got a couple tough teams coming in this week.  Geez, you're s'posed to be more healthy after the break, not less.  Angry

Once you label me you negate me.
~Soren Kierkegaard
IP Logged

Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Reply #3 - Aug 20th, 2012 at 3:43pm

I think considering how depleted we were, I think we played a great game! I forgot to hang around after the post-game huddle and clap for the players to show I appreciated the effort Sad  my bad.

ok I know I'm a weirdo but for me it's about the effort, not so much about the winning! It's why even in the first couple years of this team I became a big fan even tho we were losing so many games-- not too many w's but a lot of e's (or something like that....) Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2012 at 3:47pm by Anotherfan »  

IP Logged

strumpet22
Veteran

Reply #4 - Aug 20th, 2012 at 6:57pm

I think the team played valiantly, but I think L.A. was in a lower gear all night. I'd like to think that making more free throws or Katie finding her rhythm could have brought a W, but I'm not so sure. The third quarter looked like the result of Carol Ross yelling at her team to focus and put the nail in the coffin.

I hope we can start corralling our roster soon. Bummer that Ann's achilles and Tina's knee couldn't get back up to 100% over the break.

Clark has been fun to watch. And I did enjoy DMJ posting up against Katie because Katie was finding ways to give those elbows back.

IP Logged

bcdawg04
Veteran

WA
Reply #5 - Aug 21st, 2012 at 8:53am

Anotherfan wrote on Aug 20th, 2012 at 3:43pm:
ok I know I'm a weirdo but for me it's about the effort, not so much about the winning!

Well, given the circumstances, there is a lot to be said about this team's effort. It's not like the FO put together a crappy team and we're just hoping to overachieve. We have a great team. But we're starting three players who probably wouldn't be starting if we were completely healthy and if LJ were back (which we were expecting at this point). Alysha is seeing serious minutes in the post--and holding her own.

I think we need more from Katie and Svet...but on Saturday we just got beat by the better team.

strumpet22 wrote on Aug 20th, 2012 at 6:57pm:
And I did enjoy DMJ posting up against Katie because Katie was finding ways to give those elbows back.

Katie is what I like to call a "wily veteran". She knows how to get away with so many little things--she's always entertaining to keep an eye on.

"One of these days, you're going to make a ref cry."&&&&"I know you!  You're a Hooligan!"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print