Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Stormfans Home | Gameday | Chat | Gallery | Links | About Us
Click here for Forum Registration information
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
NCAA Volleyball Final Four in Seattle (Read 882 times)
gentree13
Starter

Dont Arouse the Wrath
of the Great & Powerful
Loz!

Beacon Hill
NCAA Volleyball Final Four in Seattle
Dec 20th, 2013 at 3:28am

Anybody attend or watch? It's unfortunate the UW (Huskies, not Badgers Wink) played their worst game of the season at this stage. Even before the bracket was released, I was dreading the thought of having to play a talented, veteran, and hungry Penn State team in a Final Four matchup.

Did anyone see that spectacular comeback at USC in the Regionals? I was hoping they could use that along with playing at home for momentum. It's okay. They'll be back next year. Most of the integral players will be back. It would be nice to see a good setter like Micha Hancock of Penn State (who was unstoppable) or Lauren Carlini of Wisconsin come in.

Oh well. I'm rooting for the upset. Wisconsin all the way!!!!! The other UW Cool Cool

On a Storm-related note, it was nice to see the Key packed. Everybody tell a friend (or two, three, or twenty). Lets get it that way next season!

Seattleites buy more sunglasses per capita than any other city in the nation. Seattle was the first city in the US to play a Beatles song on the radio. A group of ravens/crows is called a murder. Here's to bilita mpash (blissful dreams).

IP Logged

Awase
Veteran

WA
Re: NCAA Volleyball Final Four in Seattle
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2013 at 3:00pm

We were at last night's matches, and will be there tomorrow cheering for another UW (Wisconsin) upset.  The poor Dawgs couldn't get out of their own way last night.  They started off in the first game well, but were soon overpowered by PSU.  Those girls are TALL...it was nice to see the number of underclassmen on the Dawgs when the team was introduced.  They'll regroup and be back next year.

It was nice to see the Key packed, except for the overwhelmed concession stand operators.

"Undefeated in the f***ing playoffs!" Sue Effing Bird to Swin Cash 9/16/2010

IP Logged

Vegemite_Power
Starter

Vegemite Power!

Re: NCAA Volleyball Final Four in Seattle
Reply #2 - Dec 20th, 2013 at 8:18pm

I was saddened by the Huskies loss.  Really hoping they' bring home the NCAA banner.  Should have a good team next year though...

"Be Quick, but don't hurry."
     Coach John Wooden
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print