Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Stormfans Home | Gameday | Chat | Gallery | Links | About Us
Click here for Forum Registration information
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
UW women beat Stanford! (Read 1247 times)
StormFanNo1
Veteran

UW women beat Stanford!
Feb 10th, 2014 at 5:42am

I believe!

IP Logged

czechchick7
Hall of Famer

Dalmatian without the
spots

WA
Re: UW women beat Stanford!
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 10:48am

And yet on the local news (KOMO4) I watched last night, not a word was said about it.  If UW (or even WSU, Gonzaga, SU, etc.) had knocked off the #3 team in the nation in men's basketball, it might've been the lead sports story, even during the Olympics.

"A dream that's too big is just the right size."-Jennifer Azzi     “Have the courage to follow your dreams. That’s your gift to the world.”-Cathy Rush in "The Mighty Macs"

IP Logged

scowl
Veteran

Portland, OR
Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 6:03pm

When the Oregon State women beat Stanford back in the late 90's it was the top story on all the newscasts here that day.

"I know a lot of people who've gone to jail." -- Diana Taurasi
WWW scowl97201 scowlpdx  
IP Logged

bcdawg04
Veteran

WA
Reply #3 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 9:23pm

What an effort by the Dawgs. It's been such an up and down season, I didn't know what to expect against Stanford. Sure, I thought we could hang with them, but I didn't think we would control the game from tipoff.

Stanford has just been dominating the Pac. Not a lot of players in this conference get to say that they've ever beaten Stanford. A Stanford loss in conference is so rare that at the start of the conference season last year, not a single active Pac-12 player had experienced a victory over the Cardinal.

It was such a great team effort. The defense brought it for 40 minutes. Chiney may have scored 23 points...but well, that's actually below her average. Mercedes had a career night and was instrumental in keeping their composure throughout the game. Jaz was Jaz (and that travel call was pure BS). Chantel is going to be a good one. Talia's knees are obviously feeling better than they were a few weeks ago. Aminah is a beast--game in and game out, nobody wants that loose ball more than Aminah. Plus she's among the conference's best defenders despite being one of the smallest post players.

And then there's Kelsey Plum. Wow. What to say about Kelsey? Coach Van Derveer says she doesn't think there is a better freshman in the country than Kelsey. This kid comes in with such high expectations...I'll say this: she has a lot of room to improve, and based on how much she has improved since the start of the season and her positive attitude, I think she's willing to put the work in to get better. She also has this incredible ability to put the ball in the basket like few players I've seen--her offensive game actually reminds me of Guiliana Mendiola.

"One of these days, you're going to make a ref cry."&&&&"I know you!  You're a Hooligan!"

IP Logged

Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Reply #4 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 9:43pm

woo hoo!!!

I don't get espnu so I didn't see it on tv, but I do get the Pac-12 network and they are going to repeat the game Thurs. at 5:30 p.m. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print