Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Stormfans Home | Gameday | Chat | Gallery | Links | About Us
Click here for Forum Registration information
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WNBA 2-season standings (Read 1399 times)
Scott
Admin

Seattle, WA
WNBA 2-season standings
Aug 28th, 2015 at 4:36pm

I was wondering how things were shaking out for the Brienne Stewart sweepstakes since the league instituted the new 2 season worst record rule to determine which team has the highest chances for the draft lottery, so I made up a google sheet to keep track of the overall standings:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GLJ9eaGhvjL9vSd5ILSDRh1idkHu-E12HDK6s_KT
2Tw/edit?usp=sharing

Right now, we're "leading" San Antonio by a little bit. I hate to say it, but it wouldn't be a bad thing to lose to them in one of the two remaining game we have with them, especially since they might lose all the rest of their games given who they are playing down the stretch.
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2015 at 4:37pm by Scott »  

I, sir, am not a dog. But if I were, I would bite you thusly!
WWW http://www.facebook.com/scott.engelhardt  
IP Logged

Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Re: WNBA 2-season standings
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2015 at 7:28am

tho....it's not a guarantee the one with the most ping-pong balls gets the better pick, going by past results-- unless they've changed those numbers....

IMHO I don't believe in tanking, especially not at home, the more we lose the less butts in seats  Sad

I do like this change tho...

thanks for the google sheet, Scott!
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2015 at 7:31am by Anotherfan »  

IP Logged

Michelle89
Veteran

Aussie aussie aussie oi
oi oi

Holland
Reply #2 - Aug 31st, 2015 at 2:41pm

Anotherfan wrote on Aug 29th, 2015 at 7:28am:
tho....it's not a guarantee the one with the most ping-pong balls gets the better pick, going by past results-- unless they've changed those numbers....

IMHO I don't believe in tanking, especially not at home, the more we lose the less butts in seats  Sad

I do like this change tho...

thanks for the google sheet, Scott!

Adding Stewart will bring more butts in the seats because next year we will win more games.

IP Logged

Scott
Admin

Seattle, WA
Reply #3 - Sep 9th, 2015 at 8:49am

With 2 games left, we need to lose one more game to secure the worst 2-season record. Our last game is against San Antonio, so our best chance is to lose to Minnesota on Friday. If we tie SA for most losses, they win the tiebreaker since we've beaten them head-to-head more.

I, sir, am not a dog. But if I were, I would bite you thusly!
WWW http://www.facebook.com/scott.engelhardt  
IP Logged

Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Reply #4 - Sep 9th, 2015 at 9:37pm

what a bizarre situation to be in....

luckily I don't believe that having the most ping pong balls necessarily is how the draft order goes.....based on prior experience (ask Tulsa and Phoenix)....

we shall see....

IP Logged

Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Reply #5 - Sep 12th, 2015 at 7:04pm

Scott wrote on Sep 9th, 2015 at 8:49am:
With 2 games left, we need to lose one more game to secure the worst 2-season record. Our last game is against San Antonio, so our best chance is to lose to Minnesota on Friday. If we tie SA for most losses, they win the tiebreaker since we've beaten them head-to-head more.

isn't the first tie-breaker the won-loss record in the most recent season?

still looks like if we beat them in our last game-- we will tie for won-loss record for 2 seasons, but they will get more ping-pong balls as their record will be worst this last season either way....
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2015 at 7:05pm by Anotherfan »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print