Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Stormfans Home | Gameday | Chat | Gallery | Links | About Us
Click here for Forum Registration information
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Chance of LJ Returning for Stewie? (Read 2481 times)
amdg
Veteran

Chance of LJ Returning for Stewie?
Oct 6th, 2015 at 4:38am

I know it's an extremely long shot, but could there be a chance of LJ returning to Seattle after the Olympics next year? Would be nice to see her mentor Stewie. And get maybe a match-up with EDD. Last hurrahs in Storm green?

Ours is a stormy kind of love. - U2
IP Logged

Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Re: Chance of LJ Returning for Stewie?
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2015 at 6:02am

hmmm....I'd tell her to listen to her body...if it feels right, ok, otherwise....

well, my opinion with this elimination bracket on espnw that's going on right now-- it was her v. Swoopes....just my opinion  Smiley

wish her all the best (tho sounds like a nice fantasy Smiley ) but her body has about a million miles on it right now....

but, hey, I'm a pessimist, so, who knows? Smiley

IP Logged

DwgsStormFan
Veteran

Seattle, WA
Reply #2 - Oct 10th, 2015 at 12:39pm

I want her back, but I suspect it won't happen, even with Birdy playing another year (something I expect) and Stewie. Next year is the Olympics and I think she will do all she can to keep her body intact for that. But this is all a guess. Be that as it may, I would love to see her playing with us one more year.

2010 was even better than 2004
hspeegle  
IP Logged

czechchick7
Hall of Famer

Dalmatian without the
spots

WA
Reply #3 - Oct 11th, 2015 at 9:34am

Right now, Lauren's suiting up for the Caps in the WNBL, so she must be done rehabbing her injuries/surgeries.

The question for next year isn't if Lauren returns to the Storm, but when.  She could be here almost all season, leaving a couple weeks before the Olympics for the Opals final camp and pre-Olympic tournament.  She could stay in Australia until the Olympics are over.

Either way, I expect her to be back.  The only thing that could change that is if she gets injured training with the Opals, which has happened at least twice before.

"A dream that's too big is just the right size."-Jennifer Azzi     “Have the courage to follow your dreams. That’s your gift to the world.”-Cathy Rush in "The Mighty Macs"

IP Logged

Michelle89
Veteran

Aussie aussie aussie oi
oi oi

Holland
Reply #4 - Oct 11th, 2015 at 11:52am

czechchick7 wrote on Oct 11th, 2015 at 9:34am:
Right now, Lauren's suiting up for the Caps in the WNBL, so she must be done rehabbing her injuries/surgeries.

The question for next year isn't if Lauren returns to the Storm, but when.  She could be here almost all season, leaving a couple weeks before the Olympics for the Opals final camp and pre-Olympic tournament.  She could stay in Australia until the Olympics are over.

Either way, I expect her to be back.  The only thing that could change that is if she gets injured training with the Opals, which has happened at least twice before.

She hasnt played any minutes for them yet right? And havent seen any tweets from her yet about almost ready to play. So i think she is still rehabbing.

Lets see if she can get through this WNBL season without anymore injuries. But i think that she will be back for a goodbye with the Storm in some kind of form but i dont know if it will be part of the season though

IP Logged

Storm04.10
Veteran

Swin it to WIN IT!

Reply #5 - Oct 15th, 2015 at 9:11pm

Correct. She has not played for them yet.

Quote:
Canberra Capitals star Lauren Jackson says she can "finally see light at the end of the tunnel" as she prepares for her return to court, possibly as early as next week.
After three years plagued by injury, a visibly upbeat Jackson is expected to at least warm up with the team before next Thursday's home clash with WNBL newcomers South-East Queensland stars.

Lauren Jackson return to court imminent as Canberra Capitals focus on Sydney

I see zero chance of her returning to play with the Storm. She may return to say good bye and thank you and to see her number retired but that's it.

"I'm not going to back down from anyone, I don't care how big you are or fast or strong or whatever. That's just not my style."

IP Logged

Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Reply #6 - Oct 15th, 2015 at 11:07pm

I like the idea of retiring her number.

Birdy too (when she goes).

IP Logged

Michelle89
Veteran

Aussie aussie aussie oi
oi oi

Holland
Reply #7 - Oct 16th, 2015 at 10:37am

Storm04.10 wrote on Oct 15th, 2015 at 9:11pm:
Correct. She has not played for them yet.

Quote:
Canberra Capitals star Lauren Jackson says she can "finally see light at the end of the tunnel" as she prepares for her return to court, possibly as early as next week.
After three years plagued by injury, a visibly upbeat Jackson is expected to at least warm up with the team before next Thursday's home clash with WNBL newcomers South-East Queensland stars.

Lauren Jackson return to court imminent as Canberra Capitals focus on Sydney

I see zero chance of her returning to play with the Storm. She may return to say good bye and thank you and to see her number retired but that's it.

Her being with the team for a part of the season (even if she doesnt play) her presence in the lockerroom and for Stewart would be very good. Stewart can learn so much from her

IP Logged

walker
Starter

Seattle
Reply #8 - Oct 27th, 2015 at 6:39pm

And . . .

Found these on Rebkell's today.  No mention of WNBA/Storm.

Full interview:  https://soundcloud.com/ulianbbott/lauren-jackson-full?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_
campaign=share&utm_medium=twitter

Newspaper article:  http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/basketball/renee-montgomerys-visa-issues-c...

IP Logged

Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Reply #9 - Oct 27th, 2015 at 8:49pm

thanks for posting that, walker!

after listening to that interview....I hope she really does listen to her body after the season--I want her to be able to run after her career!!!

Listen to your body LJ!! 4 olympics may be ok!!
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2015 at 8:51pm by Anotherfan »  

IP Logged

walker
Starter

Seattle
Reply #10 - Oct 28th, 2015 at 2:16pm

I agree, LJ's health, both in the present and in the future are most important!  It's mindboggling what this sport does to their body.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print