Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Stormfans Home | Gameday | Chat | Gallery | Links | About Us
Click here for Forum Registration information
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
And the Storm chose..... (Read 865 times)
Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
And the Storm chose.....
Apr 14th, 2016 at 7:20pm

finally got home from work and watching the draft Smiley

it's been awhile since the first pick was so obvious!!

on to pick number 2......

edited to add link: http://www.wnba.com/news/uconn-wnba-draft-history-breanna-stewart-moriah-jeffers...
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2016 at 7:25am by Anotherfan »  

IP Logged

Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Re: And the Storm chose.....
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 7:20pm

I see Talia Walton there.....I hope she goes in the first round!!

IP Logged

scullyfu
Veteran

Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 5:08am

well, it wasn't exactly first round, but she did get selected by the Sparks. seems like a good fit for her; they need 3 pt. shooting guards.

CONGRATS, TALIA!

I'll always bleed Storm green!

IP Logged

Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 7:21am

hope she makes it!!!!

IP Logged

LaurenRules
Starter

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 1:48pm

I was kind of disappointed that Jenny didn't select Talia for her second pick.  That might have helped bring some UW fans over to the Storm.

i'm glad she got drafted.  That must have seemed like an eternity.

IP Logged

bcdawg04
Veteran

WA
Reply #5 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 4:45pm

LaurenRules wrote on Apr 26th, 2016 at 1:48pm:
I was kind of disappointed that Jenny didn't select Talia for her second pick.  That might have helped bring some UW fans over to the Storm.

i'm glad she got drafted.  That must have seemed like an eternity. 

I was pretty shocked that the Storm passed on her in the third round. A friend of mine suggested, however, that after what happened last year maybe Alisha didn't want to risk facing the same kind of backlash if the Storm ended up cutting Talia. We also have a handful of 3s already on the roster--Clark is not going anywhere. I doubt O'Hea is either. Stewie can also play the 3. Then we also have KML, even though Talia has way more upside than she does.

I really thought she would land in Indiana. She would have fit in great there. Then again, lots of teams can use a 6'2" small forward (who can also play power forward) with the ability to score from anywhere and is an elite defender. Talia is the only player in UW history to finish her career ranked in the top 5 for both points and rebounds. She is a next level player. I just hope Agler (whom we all know has no idea what to do with rookies) gives her a real chance.

Here is a great article about how she is continually overlooked and underestimated and how she and her teammates used some of that as motivation in the NCAA tourney: Talia Walton: The Story of an Under Dawg

"One of these days, you're going to make a ref cry."&&&&"I know you!  You're a Hooligan!"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print