Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Stormfans Home | Gameday | Chat | Gallery | Links | About Us
Click here for Forum Registration information
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pat Summit passes away at 64 (Read 468 times)
Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Pat Summit passes away at 64
Jun 28th, 2016 at 9:01am

« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2016 at 11:24pm by Anotherfan »  

IP Logged

scullyfu
Veteran

Re: Pst Summit passes away at 64
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2016 at 11:47am

what a shame. Sad

I'll always bleed Storm green!

IP Logged

Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Re: Pat Summit passes away at 64
Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 12:14am

sorry for the misspelling in the title of the thread

IP Logged

Michelle89
Veteran

Aussie aussie aussie oi
oi oi

Holland
Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 5:13am

Horrible disease. RIP

IP Logged

Jimmy K
Veteran

TN
Reply #4 - Jul 14th, 2016 at 10:30pm

I hope everyone got to see the Celebration of Life ceremony from Knoxville today. It was amazing...although I didn't get to see all of it. Peyton Manning's speech gave me goosebumps. "There goes my friend." Wow.

It's been awesome to see the respect everyone has for Pat. People all over might think of Tennessee as a backwards little state in the middle of nowhere, but pioneering is what we do here, and the state of women's hoops as a whole is a lot better thanks to most of Pat's 64 years.

You know, even when the Alzheimer's diagnosis came out, part of me thought, Pat Summitt can't die. How is that possible? When I saw news that she wasn't doing well, the teenager in me wondered if the earth would explode if Pat Summitt wasn't on it anymore. Alas, she's gone, and the rest of us and the planet are still here.

I appreciate what the Storm and the entire WNBA did to honor Pat in the days following her passing. It seems that tons of people understand how important she is to the game, but that's probably the least important of the thing she did in life. What a remarkable and inspiring 64 years.

Oh, and Anotherfan? No worries about forgetting one of the T's in Summitt. Knoxville newspapers and TV stations never did get it right.  Roll Eyes

WWW Jimmy K jimmyk9702 jimmyk97  
IP Logged

Jimmy K
Veteran

TN
Reply #5 - Jul 14th, 2016 at 10:32pm

Also...and this deserves a new post. If you haven't read Pat's books yet, you should. I know I'm more than a little biased, and that's fine. But all three of those books are fantastic and well worth reading. I'm sure ebay has them for cheap these days.  Cool

WWW Jimmy K jimmyk9702 jimmyk97  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print