Send Topic Print
7/10/16 Indy @Storm (Read 560 times)
Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
7/10/16 Indy @Storm
Jul 10th, 2016 at 8:36am

Catch's last game (here at Key Arena)!!

Also, what a sports day-- final in Euro Cup soccer, last day of U.S. Olympic trials for track and field and gymnastics-- lots of drama....
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2016 at 8:38am by Anotherfan »  

IP Logged

czechchick7
Hall of Famer

Dalmatian without the
spots

WA
Re: 7/10/16 Indy @Storm
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2016 at 9:30am

And also the last day any of us can tell the Storm staff what a terrible job they're doing of promoting Lauren's retirement game.

I've seen/heard nothing on Seattle TV/radio, and only one small story in the Times.  They only thing they've done is pimp Lauren out to STH's at $500 a pop in an effort to sell tickets. 

That is absolutely shameful!  Instead of getting on the phone to the Seattle media, asking them to talk up the game, they decide to use Lauren to badger STH's into buying more tickets. 

I plan on talking to staff and owners, and our corporate blinded CEO if I see her.

"A dream that's too big is just the right size."-Jennifer Azzi     “Have the courage to follow your dreams. That’s your gift to the world.”-Cathy Rush in "The Mighty Macs"

IP Logged

Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2016 at 12:26pm

czechchick, they do have that $15 a seat deal going (for some seats), but it looks like that's it

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/storm/EN/buy/details/WKA0715
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2016 at 12:27pm by Anotherfan »  

IP Logged

czechchick7
Hall of Famer

Dalmatian without the
spots

WA
Reply #3 - Jul 10th, 2016 at 12:47pm

That's still NOT getting publicity out to the public for the game.  Because who does that offer go to?  The STH's like me, and yes, I got it.  Or it's sent to people who have purchased tickets in the past. 

Do you hear abou that deal on TV, radio, etc.?  Do you hear anything AT ALL about Friday's game being Lauren's jersey retirement?  NO!!!!

"A dream that's too big is just the right size."-Jennifer Azzi     “Have the courage to follow your dreams. That’s your gift to the world.”-Cathy Rush in "The Mighty Macs"

IP Logged

Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Reply #4 - Jul 10th, 2016 at 8:36pm

yeah, I know Sad

when you think about it, she is maybe the best player the world has ever seen, in that sport (not just in ability, but in sheer "want-to"!), and she spent her entire WNBA career here, in Seattle...2 championships...-- it really should be bigger, but, you know, it's women's sports....

Sad
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2016 at 9:41pm by Anotherfan »  

IP Logged

Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Reply #5 - Jul 10th, 2016 at 9:43pm

as far as the game, well, you could see that it was the 4th game in 6 days, with 3 on the road, now tons of rest, what a crazy schedule!

it was great to see Lin Dunn and Anne Donovan!!!!!!
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2016 at 9:43pm by Anotherfan »  

IP Logged

czechchick7
Hall of Famer

Dalmatian without the
spots

WA
Reply #6 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 5:53am

After seeing how Seattle's had some of the most brutal schedules the last few years, I wonder if someone in the league office doesn't like the Storm for some reason.

IP Logged

bcdawg04
Veteran

WA
Reply #7 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 7:40pm

Catchings is pure class.

I attended her postgame event yesterday, part of her Legacy Tour that benefits her Catch the Stars Foundation. I have always believed her to be one of the classiest players to ever play for the WNBA, and I can honestly say that after last night, I believe it even more.

"One of these days, you're going to make a ref cry."&&&&"I know you!  You're a Hooligan!"

IP Logged

Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Reply #8 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 8:26pm

thanks for the report bcdawg!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print