Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Stormfans Home | Gameday | Chat | Gallery | Links | About Us
Click here for Forum Registration information
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
9/11/16 Storm vs. Sparks (Read 546 times)
Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
9/11/16 Storm vs. Sparks
Sep 8th, 2016 at 9:49pm

this is the Teddy Bear Toss game and also Alysha Clark's Seattle Children's Hospital Toy Drive!-- details here:

http://storm.wnba.com/news/weekend-activities-160908/

IP Logged

Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Re: 9/11/16 Storm vs. Sparks
Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 10:56pm

interesting deal on a double-header with the Seattle ReignFC, who have their last home game of the season at 7 p.m. at Memorial Stadium:

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/storm/EN/promotion/home?utm_source=wordfly&utm_...

Sue and Stewie (the Olympians) will be at their game and signing autographs also.
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2016 at 10:58pm by Anotherfan »  

IP Logged

Luuuc44
Starter

WA (Western Australia)
Reply #2 - Sep 11th, 2016 at 4:56pm

So, in case there was any doubt about how important Nneka has been to LA this season ....

IP Logged

Michelle89
Veteran

Aussie aussie aussie oi
oi oi

Holland
Reply #3 - Sep 11th, 2016 at 10:19pm

Luuuc44 wrote on Sep 11th, 2016 at 4:56pm:
So, in case there was any doubt about how important Nneka has been to LA this season ....

Havent seen the game yet but this team is going nowhere without Nneka as their leader

IP Logged

Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Reply #4 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 9:14am

wow! didn't realize that with this win and a Mystics loss we have clinched a playoff berth!! yoo hoo!!

so.... any chance we might host a game on the 21st?? should I ask it off (work) or would that jinx it? at this point as far as tie-breakers go we have the tie-break over the Dream but not the Sky (no matter what happens on Sun.) or the Fever.

hmm, what to do, what to do....

IP Logged

czechchick7
Hall of Famer

Dalmatian without the
spots

WA
Reply #5 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 9:24am

I think the first round home is determined by seed, with the higher seed hosting.

#5 vs. #8
#6 vs. #7

So if we finish 7th or 8th, we're on the road.  Even if we win in the first round, we're on the road to play either #3 or #4.  We wouldn't host unless we get into the semis.

"A dream that's too big is just the right size."-Jennifer Azzi     “Have the courage to follow your dreams. That’s your gift to the world.”-Cathy Rush in "The Mighty Macs"

IP Logged

Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Reply #6 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 11:11am

czechchick7 wrote on Sep 12th, 2016 at 9:24am:
I think the first round home is determined by seed, with the higher seed hosting.

#5 vs. #8
#6 vs. #7

So if we finish 7th or 8th, we're on the road.  Even if we win in the first round, we're on the road to play either #3 or #4.  We wouldn't host unless we get into the semis.

any chance we might make the 6th seed and host on the 21st? that's what I was wondering. Right now we're in 7th, 1 game back of 6th (unless I'm wrong, I'm going to go check)

edited to add: ok, I'm back we're actually 1 and a half games back, there's a 3-way tie for 4th and we have played 1 more game than those 3 teams (Fever, Sky, and Dream).

I gotta do the math....
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2016 at 11:16am by Anotherfan »  

IP Logged

czechchick7
Hall of Famer

Dalmatian without the
spots

WA
Reply #7 - Sep 13th, 2016 at 5:45am

Sky just lost EDD for the rest of the regular season, maybe including the playoffs.  She had surgery on her thumb. 
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2016 at 5:45am by czechchick7 »  

"A dream that's too big is just the right size."-Jennifer Azzi     “Have the courage to follow your dreams. That’s your gift to the world.”-Cathy Rush in "The Mighty Macs"

IP Logged

scullyfu
Veteran

Reply #8 - Sep 13th, 2016 at 7:38am

czechchick7 wrote on Sep 13th, 2016 at 5:45am:
Sky just lost EDD for the rest of the regular season, maybe including the playoffs.  She had surgery on her thumb. 

yikes! that's going to really hurt their chances going forward.

I'll always bleed Storm green!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print