Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Stormfans Home | Gameday | Chat | Gallery | Links | About Us
Click here for Forum Registration information
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Playoff game vs Atlanta Dream 09/21/2016 (Read 418 times)
Michelle89
Veteran

Aussie aussie aussie oi
oi oi

Holland
Playoff game vs Atlanta Dream 09/21/2016
Sep 21st, 2016 at 11:55am

Playoff time. Leave it all on the court ladies and we will be proud whatever the result will be!

IP Logged

gentree13
Starter

Dont Arouse the Wrath
of the Great & Powerful
Loz!

Beacon Hill
Re: Playoff game vs Atlanta Dream 09/21/2016
Reply #1 - Sep 21st, 2016 at 6:02pm

I have complete confidence in the team. I don't foresee any way we lose this game if I am going to be honest and cocky. We have been getting hot at the right time. And the Dream are without Tip Hayes and possibly Sancho Lyttle.

Taking Angel McCoughtry out of the equation, Layshia Clarendon, Elizabeth Williams, and possibly a once in a blue moon great game from Matee Ajavon or Meighan Simmons are the only offensive factors I could see having an impact.

I also think for the Dream, Angel McCoughtry has to be careful to  stay out of foul trouble, which may be tough if she ever gets tasked to guard Stewie.

Either way, I would be prepared to buy tickets to Chicago before the  game to demonstrate how confident I am.  Shocked

Seattleites buy more sunglasses per capita than any other city in the nation. Seattle was the first city in the US to play a Beatles song on the radio. A group of ravens/crows is called a murder. Here's to bilita mpash (blissful dreams).

IP Logged

Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Reply #2 - Sep 21st, 2016 at 11:59pm

Damn, I hate the off-season... Sad

how does the iine go? live by the 3, die by the 3....

Hope Angel is well and can give the Liberty a run for their money....

feel sad for Sue...

but I think the team's future is bright!!

damn I hate the off-season....

IP Logged

czechchick7
Hall of Famer

Dalmatian without the
spots

WA
Reply #3 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 10:03am

Why did Jenny Boo keep KML in for so long when she couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and couldn't defend anyone?  Why not go with O'Hea, who can shoot 3's just as well and defend better, plus give some size and rebounding?

I get her wanting to use the young players, BUT the playoffs is also a time to rely on vets who've been there to get a team through the rough patches.  She has 3 in Bishop, O'Hea, and Wright, the latter two who have shown their worth in big games (Olympics, WNBA playoffs).  But she sat them most of the season and in this game.

It's not like any of them are injured.  Jenny Boo has either lost confidence in them (for some unknown reason) or she's bound and determined to justify using the #3 pick on KML, no matter what.  Problem is, games like this show KML wasn't worth the pick-something that's happened too often in the last 2 seasons.  She certainly didn't show why deserved playing so many minutes over the others in this game.

"A dream that's too big is just the right size."-Jennifer Azzi     “Have the courage to follow your dreams. That’s your gift to the world.”-Cathy Rush in "The Mighty Macs"

IP Logged

Anotherfan
Veteran

WA
Reply #4 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 9:30pm

yeah, I don't know why those 3 were sitting so much  Undecided

I did see Monica Wright sitting on the bench with a heating pad on both knees in every game, that's the only thing I can think of....

it is a puzzle....would have been nice to see them play, see more what they could do!

IP Logged

Michelle89
Veteran

Aussie aussie aussie oi
oi oi

Holland
Reply #5 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 5:37am

czechchick7 wrote on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 10:03am:
Why did Jenny Boo keep KML in for so long when she couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and couldn't defend anyone?  Why not go with O'Hea, who can shoot 3's just as well and defend better, plus give some size and rebounding?

I get her wanting to use the young players, BUT the playoffs is also a time to rely on vets who've been there to get a team through the rough patches.  She has 3 in Bishop, O'Hea, and Wright, the latter two who have shown their worth in big games (Olympics, WNBA playoffs).  But she sat them most of the season and in this game.

It's not like any of them are injured.  Jenny Boo has either lost confidence in them (for some unknown reason) or she's bound and determined to justify using the #3 pick on KML, no matter what.  Problem is, games like this show KML wasn't worth the pick-something that's happened too often in the last 2 seasons.  She certainly didn't show why deserved playing so many minutes over the others in this game.

Yeah i dont understand sitting O'Hea at all. Yes she had a rough shooting stretch but then completely keep her out of the rotation for the rest of the season is nonsense It doesnt have to be either KML or O'Hea on the floor. O'Hea can play and defend multiple positions while KML cant. In this game Angel was going insane and Clark had an off game on both sides of the ball so put Jenna on Angel and see if she can atleast show her down a bit.
But no she didnt try that all. Or try Stewart on Angel in that 4th quarter.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print