Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Stormfans Home | Gameday | Chat | Gallery | Links | About Us
Click here for Forum Registration information
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Storm get Swords in a 3team trade (Read 144 times)
Michelle89
Veteran

Aussie aussie aussie oi
oi oi

Holland
Storm get Swords in a 3team trade
Jan 30th, 2017 at 11:07am

Quote:
Kia Vaughn and Bria Hartley are being traded to NY, Carolyn Swords is going to Seattle and Washington gets Seattle's #6 pick

The Mystics and Storm also swap second round picks as part of the deal.

http://storm.wnba.com/news/seattle-storm-completes-trade-with-mystics-acquires-c...

I like this trade a lot. The Storms main need was a big center who could play solid minutes and help Stewart so that she doesnt need to defend the centers all the time. Swords will help us right away while the 6th pick wouldnt be a sure wnba rotation player in this weak draft..

IP Logged

czechchick7
Hall of Famer

Dalmatian without the
spots

WA
Re: Storm get Swords in a 3team trade
Reply #1 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 9:34am

There are those who say this could mean Langhorne is shown the door.  But isn't she cored?  Why would the front office do that if they planned on getting rid of her down the line?

My guess is that Thomas will be gone.

"A dream that's too big is just the right size."-Jennifer Azzi     “Have the courage to follow your dreams. That’s your gift to the world.”-Cathy Rush in "The Mighty Macs"

IP Logged

Michelle89
Veteran

Aussie aussie aussie oi
oi oi

Holland
Re: Storm get Swords in a 3team trade
Reply #2 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 10:42pm

czechchick7 wrote on Jan 31st, 2017 at 9:34am:
There are those who say this could mean Langhorne is shown the door.  But isn't she cored?  Why would the front office do that if they planned on getting rid of her down the line?

My guess is that Thomas will be gone.

I think Thomas will be gone. A postrotation of Stewart, Langhorne and Swords will be fine. They probably start with Langhorne and Stewart and have Swords off the bench to sub for Langhorne so that Stewart can get more minutes at the PF spot on both ends of the floor.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print